The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Nursing / making friends

Hiya, I’m hoping to get to know a few people before I go to uni and was hoping I’ll be able to speak to any nursing applicants that are in the same boat as me. :smile:
hi there!

Which university are you applying? Have you had interviews and conditional offers yet?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Hiya, I’ve applied for derby uni and I’ve had my offers back. I’m so clueless with this app and was hoping someone would be able to direct me 😂😂
Original post by Shxnnonkexting
Hiya, I’ve applied for derby uni and I’ve had my offers back. I’m so clueless with this app and was hoping someone would be able to direct me 😂😂

Wow! When did you first apply? I only sent my UCAS application on deadline day a couple of weeks back. I'm not even expecting interviews or rejections for another few weeks. It is undoubtedly a nerve-wracking process! Well done on securing your place!
Hey I haven't applied yet but I'm thinking about going into the nursing field. :smile:
Oh bless yous. I sent mine in November as I wanted a head start 😂 definitely was worth the stress. Don’t worry about rejections (I just tell myself I didn’t want to go to that uni anyway 😂😂) the interviews are so easy just remember to relax and be your charming self. Make them laugh definitely do your research (I’d recommend learning the 6Cs and the values expected of a nurse. Don’t stress you’ll be so fine trust me!!
Original post by KewlKitten04
Hey I haven't applied yet but I'm thinking about going into the nursing field. :smile:

It’s definitely worth it. I did a taster course online and completely fell in love. If you’re thinking about it I’d definitely recommend you do a bit of research and watch a few videos because believe me it’s so interesting!!!
Original post by GeeTee86
Wow! When did you first apply? I only sent my UCAS application on deadline day a couple of weeks back. I'm not even expecting interviews or rejections for another few weeks. It is undoubtedly a nerve-wracking process! Well done on securing your place!

Oh bless yous. I sent mine in November as I wanted a head start 😂 definitely was worth the stress. Don’t worry about rejections (I just tell myself I didn’t want to go to that uni anyway 😂😂) the interviews are so easy just remember to relax and be your charming self. Make them laugh definitely do your research (I’d recommend learning the 6Cs and the values expected of a nurse. Don’t stress you’ll be so fine trust me!!
Reply 8
Hi, what division of nursing have you applied for and what intake?

I’ve firmed my offer on adult nursing for Sep 2021 :smile:
Original post by 98-LMB
Hi, what division of nursing have you applied for and what intake?

I’ve firmed my offer on adult nursing for Sep 2021 :smile:

Congratulations on your offer :smile:

^Emily
Hi, can I ask how many students get accepted for this course each year!? Are they all split into various different t classes?
Original post by Studentdan!
Hi, can I ask how many students get accepted for this course each year!? Are they all split into various different t classes?

Hi @Studentdan!
We have about 250 places split over our Nursing sites, at Kedleston Road in Derby and St Helena in Chesterfield.
Most of the teaching is done in groups. For the first 18 months, you will be in mixed disciplines (Adult, Children's, Mental Health) being taught together on all modules - except for the practice module as this is discipline specific.
Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.
All the best.
Toby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending