The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Transferring to City University London

Hi,

I will be doing my alevels this summer and have applied to do a foundation year at SOAS for management but after the completion I would like to transfer to City university.

However, the only problem is, City wants a grade 6 for maths in business with marketing but I have a grade 5. Should I still apply to City when I don’t meet this requirement? Would I be considered?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by GamerGrilll
Hi,

I will be doing my alevels this summer and have applied to do a foundation year at SOAS for management but after the completion I would like to transfer to City university.

However, the only problem is, City wants a grade 6 for maths in business with marketing but I have a grade 5. Should I still apply to City when I don’t meet this requirement? Would I be considered?

I don't know about City specifically, but generally speaking universities are not flexible when it comes to GCSE requirements.

Also note that not all universities will accept the foundation year of a different university to allow entry to their undergraduate degree.

Both questions can best be answered by the admissions team at City.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by DataVenia
I don't know about City specifically, but generally speaking universities are not flexible when it comes to GCSE requirements.

Also note that not all universities will accept the foundation year of a different university to allow entry to their undergraduate degree.

Both questions can best be answered by the admissions team at City.

I had called City previously asking if it would be okay to transfer after my foundation year at SOAS and they said they would accept the foundation year.

I am just torn between staying at SOAS or leaving as I feel that the teaching won’t be as great as City.
I had called City previously asking if it would be okay to transfer after my foundation year at SOAS and they said they would accept the foundation year.

I am just torn between staying at SOAS or leaving as I feel that the teaching won’t be as great as City.

Sorry, I read your question as being about City's entry requirements (which you don't meet) and your ability to transfer there from SOAS (which you've apparently already confirmed would be fine).

It seems that your actual question is about the quality of teaching at City, which isn't something I can answer. I'll leave it to others to join the thread and respond.
Hey, I am an international student who studied GCSEs and A Levels in English. I am also sailing in the same boat as you because City did not accept my GCSE grades or my oncoming grades in A Level English Language.Therefore, I was forced to take IELTS. Has anyone here had an experience of waving off such a situation?

Original post by HrishikeshRao2
Hey, I am an international student who studied GCSEs and A Levels in English. I am also sailing in the same boat as you because City did not accept my GCSE grades or my oncoming grades in A Level English Language.Therefore, I was forced to take IELTS. Has anyone here had an experience of waving off such a situation?

Hi guys,

As a current City student, I may be able to help you out with your queries. First of all, the teaching at City is to a great standard. I can't make any comparisons because I haven't studied at SOAS, but, the professors do a good job and support all students with office hours and tutorials. City also hosts academic skills workshops which teach you how to revise, take notes, write papers and much more.

As for any admission queries, you can contact the City admissions team here. I wish you both well and hope you manage to do what is right for you.

-Luke, BSc Economics
Btw its kinda weird. City rejected my GCSE English marks just becoz the marks card would be more than 2.5 years old by the time I joined college in September. This was the stupid reason for denial of exemption from IELTS. It would be nice if someone made this reason make more sense.

Original post by CityUoLRep
Hi guys,

As a current City student, I may be able to help you out with your queries. First of all, the teaching at City is to a great standard. I can't make any comparisons because I haven't studied at SOAS, but, the professors do a good job and support all students with office hours and tutorials. City also hosts academic skills workshops which teach you how to revise, take notes, write papers and much more.

As for any admission queries, you can contact the City admissions team here. I wish you both well and hope you manage to do what is right for you.

-Luke, BSc Economics
Reply 7
Can someone help me
I have been accepted into soas foundation year
But want to transfer to kcl religion politics society course or international relations
In my application process next year what do i put down
Do i put down a level grades ??? as they were horrible and resulted rejection from kcl as I didn’t meet their offer hence why i want to do the foundation year and transfer to kcl next year since a few people have done that

Or do i just put down gcse grades as they were great

Or do i put down soas foundation year predicted grade if that exists

Like what are the requirements if i would like to transfer

And what’s the process like

I really wanted to get into King’s and was gutted

I had medical extenuating circumstances if that helps
But my grades were poor

Any help pls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending