The Student Room Group

How can I unlock the ability to send private messages on TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by berguzin
My pm does not work

System updates at midnight :h:
Original post by LLLZ
Old thread, but I have the same problem- I'll just blame it on not being tech savvy :smile:

You only started posting today, give it a couple days.
Original post by LLLZ
My first posts were a month ago- but I think I accidentally deleted those

You have 6 posts total and 5 have been today, as such you did meet the threshold until today. The system should update at midnight.
Original post by BlinkyBill
Hello! We've just updated the criteria for being able to send PMs so that's why it may look different now. You just need to have been a member for 3 days and made 2 posts in the forums. :smile:

Well, I did that and I still can't pm soo... 😅
Original post by ajst7les
Well, I did that and I still can't pm soo... 😅

You should be able to tomorrow :smile:
Thread has been moved to Help and Announcements. :yy:
Hello! helloWe've just updated the criteria for being able to send PMs so that's why it may look different now. You just need to have been a member for 3 days and made 2 posts in the forums. :smile:

hello, i fulfilled both criteria but cant seem to be able to reply to PMs
Original post by boltzmannnn
hello, i fulfilled both criteria but cant seem to be able to reply to PMs

you probably will be able to after midnight tonight :smile:
Reply 28
Hey hey, so we've just looked into it and it looks like there's a delay in the way the changes are being processed for some members, but it should fix itself overnight tonight. Can you check back tomorrow and see if it's started working? Give me a shout here if not. Sorry for the weird transition - not what we'd planned! :colondollar:

I'm still having the issue even though I've been posting?
Reply 29
I’m having the same issue!!!
I got the same issue too. I which it fixed it cos I feel really rude not replying to this PM
I've got the same issue. I've been a member for nearly 6 months and have posted on threads a few times but I still can't respond to PMs :frown:
Original post by emmajones_19
I've got the same issue. I've been a member for nearly 6 months and have posted on threads a few times but I still can't respond to PMs :frown:

The site only checks to see whether you meet the criteria at midnight. You first post was earlier today, so last midnight (17 hours ago) you didn't meet the criteria. You do now. So you should be OK after midnight tonight.
Original post by DataVenia
The site only checks to see whether you meet the criteria at midnight. You first post was earlier today, so last midnight (17 hours ago) you didn't meet the criteria. You do now. So you should be OK after midnight tonight.

thank you so much! I'll try again tomorrow then
Original post by Kolni
How can I unlock the ability to send private messages on TSR

i'm having the same issue. kinda frustrating im ngl
Original post by Sabina1405
i'm having the same issue. kinda frustrating im ngl

Hey! You'll need to have made at least two posts in the forum, and been a member for three days. This criteria is checked at midnight, so I believe you'll be able to send PMs from tomorrow based on your join date :smile:
Original post by RainbowLapras
Hey! You'll need to have made at least two posts in the forum, and been a member for three days. This criteria is checked at midnight, so I believe you'll be able to send PMs from tomorrow based on your join date :smile:

Ok thanks!
Original post by CoolCavy
You should have the ability soon :smile: new users have limitations on PMs and VMs to reduce spamming and trolling :smile:

Bit long
Thanks
Original post by Lemur14
I believe you need at least 10 or 15 posts in the main forum :yep: But don't spam or the posts get removed and then they don't count :tongue:

I'm new to TSR so what's a forum (is it like a subreddit on Reddit) and where do I find the "main" one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending