The Student Room Group

How can I unlock the ability to send private messages on TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hazylazy
I'm new to TSR so what's a forum (is it like a subreddit on Reddit) and where do I find the "main" one?

Hey! The number of posts has actually dropped a little since this reply, it's now at least two posts in the forum, and you need to have a member for three days :smile:

A forum is like a subreddit, you're correct - you can see the full list of forums here, but if there's anything in particular you're looking for then let me know and I can point you in the right direction :biggrin:
Original post by RainbowLapras
Hey! The number of posts has actually dropped a little since this reply, it's now at least two posts in the forum, and you need to have a member for three days :smile:

A forum is like a subreddit, you're correct - you can see the full list of forums here, but if there's anything in particular you're looking for then let me know and I can point you in the right direction :biggrin:

Which forum do I need to post in twice to unlock private messages?
Original post by hazylazy
Which forum do I need to post in twice to unlock private messages?

I believe any forum (including this one) should be fine - it looks like you have enough posts now, so you'll just need to wait for the 3 days now, which I believe will take you to either tomorrow or the day after, depending on when it refreshes :smile:
does replying to other posts in a forum count? I have replied to 2 questions in a forum, does the 3 days wait start from now?
Original post by gerbil538
does replying to other posts in a forum count? I have replied to 2 questions in a forum, does the 3 days wait start from now?

Explained here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7331281
Reply 45
Original post by EierVonSatan
Probationary usergroup :drool:

Lol
Reply 46
Original post by Kierryc
I’m having the same issue, didn’t realize I needed to post questions before I could reply to PM’s

same for me
Reply 47
Is it 10-15?
Original post by Jskdosppw
Is it 10-15?

No it's 2 posts and 3 days of membership. Switches on at midnight at the end of day three.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7331281
Reply 49
Original post by Ethane_the_pug
need to be a member 3 days, post a few questions in forums. but even that dont matter in my case smh

Thank you
you unlocked it?
Reply 51
Wait how many questions have you got to post cuz I'm trying to unlock mine as well?
Original post by D.K25
Wait how many questions have you got to post cuz I'm trying to unlock mine as well?
As above, it's 2 posts and 3 days of membership

Switches on at midnight at the end of day three.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending