The Student Room Group

How can I send PM's on TSR as a new member?

Hi! :wavey:

Looking to send a PM? We like to get to know you a little better before you’re able to send private messages on TSR. This is to protect both you and our community. When you are able to PM, remember to be safe and report any messages you aren’t comfortable with. You can read more about staying safe on TSR and how to report here.

So, how do I send a PM?

Easy - get involved in the community!

Your ability to send private messages will turn itself on once you’ve made at least two posts in the forum and been a member for three days.

Your ability to PM will update at midnight after your third day of membership, or after your second post, whichever comes later/

Ready to get started? There’s loads of super helpful and lovely people on TSR, so go say hello or ask for help in the forums and there’ll be friendly faces to welcome you.

You can find our full forum list here!

:woo:
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma9272
What do you mean by forums like messaging here or starting a new discussion

Yep, forums are the areas where you can start a new discussion or find current discussions :biggrin: This discussion is in the help and announcements forum, as you can see in the breadcrumb above the post! I hope that helps :smile:
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Yep, forums are the areas where you can start a new discussion or find current discussions :biggrin: This discussion is in the help and announcements forum, as you can see in the breadcrumb above the post! I hope that helps :smile:

Hi there! i'm wanting to reply to a pm from someone and it says i cant send pms yet: ive made two posts in the forum, and been a member for three days, so niot sure why its not working yet?
Original post by qwertyqwertyyy
Hi there! i'm wanting to reply to a pm from someone and it says i cant send pms yet: ive made two posts in the forum, and been a member for three days, so niot sure why its not working yet?

You’ve only started posting today so it should unlock overnight.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
You’ve only started posting today so it should unlock overnight.

I had this account for 3 days and made sure to help others in forums but I still couldn’t pm.It should’ve unlocked by now but I am still waiting…
Original post by hanaaaaaa
I had this account for 3 days and made sure to help others in forums but I still couldn’t pm.It should’ve unlocked by now but I am still waiting…

@BurstingBubbles - any ideas?
Original post by Admit-One
@BurstingBubbles - any ideas?

May be a technical issue which is beyond me so just tagging in @RainbowLapras (feel free to tag them in for future queries like this) :smile:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
May be a technical issue which is beyond me so just tagging in @RainbowLapras (feel free to tag them in for future queries like this) :smile:

Thanks, (my mind threw a blank but I saw you were a section volunteer :smile:).

Looks like yesterday was the 3rd day, so it should have updated around midnight today - are you able to send PMs now? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by RainbowLapras
Looks like yesterday was the 3rd day, so it should have updated around midnight today - are you able to send PMs now? :smile:

No I still can’t ☹️
No I still can’t ☹️

How strange :beard:

What error message are you seeing?
Reply 11
How strange :beard:

What error message are you seeing?

I keep on seeing this message:

Oh!... Your profile isn’t quite ready to send private messages on The Student Room
We like to get to know you a little better before you’re able to send private messages on TSR. This is to protect both you and our community. When you are able to PM, remember to be safe and report any messages you aren’t comfortable with. You can read more about staying safe on TSR and how to report here, or find out helpful advice about staying safe on the internet over at The UK Safer Internet Centre.
How to send a PM
Easy - get involved in the community! There’s loads of super helpful and lovely people on TSR, so go say hello or ask for help in the forums and there’ll be friendly faces to welcome you. Your ability to send private messages will turn itself on once you’ve made at least two posts in the forum, and been a member for three days.

Idk what I am doing wrong bc nothing works😐
I keep on seeing this message:

Oh!... Your profile isn’t quite ready to send private messages on The Student Room
We like to get to know you a little better before you’re able to send private messages on TSR. This is to protect both you and our community. When you are able to PM, remember to be safe and report any messages you aren’t comfortable with. You can read more about staying safe on TSR and how to report here, or find out helpful advice about staying safe on the internet over at The UK Safer Internet Centre.
How to send a PM
Easy - get involved in the community! There’s loads of super helpful and lovely people on TSR, so go say hello or ask for help in the forums and there’ll be friendly faces to welcome you. Your ability to send private messages will turn itself on once you’ve made at least two posts in the forum, and been a member for three days.

Idk what I am doing wrong bc nothing works😐

Could you please try one last time for me today? If that still doesn't work I'll do some investigation tomorrow! :holmes:
Reply 13
Could you please try one last time for me today? If that still doesn't work I'll do some investigation tomorrow! :holmes:

Well GOOD NEWS!! It started working. Idk what happened but it started working randomly. ☺️
Well GOOD NEWS!! It started working. Idk what happened but it started working randomly. ☺️

Okay great, glad to hear it! I think the timescales I initially stated were a day out, so it should have started working on the 30th :biggrin:
Reply 15
how do I private message?
Original post by oxpa
how do I private message?

See the first post in this thread, which says "Your ability to send private messages will turn itself on once you’ve made at least two posts in the forum and been a member for three days. Your ability to PM will update at midnight..."

You've met the two conditions, so now you need to wait until midnight. :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by DataVenia
See the first post in this thread, which says "Your ability to send private messages will turn itself on once you’ve made at least two posts in the forum and been a member for three days. Your ability to PM will update at midnight..."

You've met the two conditions, so now you need to wait until midnight. :smile:

Do you mean midnight in UK time? I think I'd better wait for one more day to try. Thank you
Original post by CHO2005
Do you mean midnight in UK time? I think I'd better wait for one more day to try. Thank you

That's a good question. I don't know, and have never thought to ask. I assume it's UK time, but it might be UTC (which will be 1-hour different right now). @RainbowLapras?
Original post by DataVenia
That's a good question. I don't know, and have never thought to ask. I assume it's UK time, but it might be UTC (which will be 1-hour different right now). @RainbowLapras?

UK time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending