The Student Room Group
BPP University
BPP University

Scholarship application to BPP - Cambridge

Hi

Can anyone offer any insight as to the process of applying for scholarship's with BPP university? I have a conditional offer for September this year, studying the LLM/LPC in Cambridge campus and i am planning on applying for the scholarships which open in March.

I want to be as prepared as possible, what will I need to provide? Is it a first come first served basis? I know everyone is assessed individually but what i mean is, are applications done on a rolling basis and once the allocated funds are gone thats it?

Thank you,
Charlene
Reply 1
Hi Charlene,

I know this is not an answer to your query, but I was wondering if you could give me some insight on why you chose BPP to do the LPC over the rest of your other institution choices. I too, have applied to do the LPC and received offers from BPP Holborn and the University of Law, but am unsure as to pick one over the other. I have sifted through multiple threads on TSR about the pros and cons of both institutions, opinions made by past students of those respective institutions. But neither one trumps the other (if you get what I mean?).

I have heard that BPP examinations are largely closed-book as opposed to UoL where some exams are open-book. Personally, I am leaning towards the idea of the open-book exams, but another issue I have is location. London is accessible for me as I can travel into central London by train which takes around 20-25 mins. But with the uncertainty that is COVID causing multiple lockdowns, I was considering BPP's other branch institution in Cambridge - thinking I would still get my contact hours worth for paying less overall for the year. I was going to ask what factors influenced you to pick BPP in the end?
BPP University
BPP University
Original post by Callomir
Hi Charlene,

I know this is not an answer to your query, but I was wondering if you could give me some insight on why you chose BPP to do the LPC over the rest of your other institution choices. I too, have applied to do the LPC and received offers from BPP Holborn and the University of Law, but am unsure as to pick one over the other. I have sifted through multiple threads on TSR about the pros and cons of both institutions, opinions made by past students of those respective institutions. But neither one trumps the other (if you get what I mean?).

I have heard that BPP examinations are largely closed-book as opposed to UoL where some exams are open-book. Personally, I am leaning towards the idea of the open-book exams, but another issue I have is location. London is accessible for me as I can travel into central London by train which takes around 20-25 mins. But with the uncertainty that is COVID causing multiple lockdowns, I was considering BPP's other branch institution in Cambridge - thinking I would still get my contact hours worth for paying less overall for the year. I was going to ask what factors influenced you to pick BPP in the end?

Hi,
To be honest i review both BPP and UOL but the deciding factor in the end was purely location, i am not wanting to travel in and out of London if i can help it. If i had of felt UOL was considerably better than BPP than i would have made the sacrifice of the travel (not that its very far but Cambridge is closer and i can drive there, whereas London would be too much hassle by car so would have to be train journeys etc). For me i am not really bothered about closed book exams, although i find exams very stressful i do think open book exams can sometimes be overwhelming too.. access to too much information just confuses me more sometimes in the moment of sitting the exam. I would say i did more research on BPP as it was the one i was leaning towards anyway, i like the set out and i attended some open days (virtually) and i like all the opportunities they off (legal clinics etc) but im sure UOL probably have the same?

Overall i had heard just as many good points and bad points for both institutions so i think the deciding factors were location and cost, Cambridge works better on both those fronts for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending