The Student Room Group

Failed the PGDL Course. What do I do next?

Hi

I am international candidate and failed one module in PGDL at BPP. I received 47/100 and the pass mark was 50. Since I failed the resit, I failed the whole course meaning no degree. I am a foreign qualified lawyer. I am looking to work as a paralegal and give the SQE 1 and 2 next year. But my questions are:
1) Will I get a TC ?
2) Should I do the self-funded pgdl again?

Thanks in adavance
Original post by AspiringGrad
Hi

I am international candidate and failed one module in PGDL at BPP. I received 47/100 and the pass mark was 50. Since I failed the resit, I failed the whole course meaning no degree. I am a foreign qualified lawyer. I am looking to work as a paralegal and give the SQE 1 and 2 next year. But my questions are:
1) Will I get a TC ?
2) Should I do the self-funded pgdl again?

Thanks in adavance

Hi @AspiringGrad,

Sorry to hear that your resit did not go well. However, it certainly is not the end of the world. You could apply to get a TC from a firm to help fund the PGDL. As a foreign qualified lawyer, I am sure your chances of securing a TC are quite good. However, often when you are offered a TC you have to wait at least a year if not longer before starting the PGDL/SQEs due to the way in which the application and offer windows work. Equally, having said this whilst waiting to start your TC you could work as a paralegal which would mean that you are already progressing towards having completed the required Qualifying Work Experience. I would say that this may be the best option for you if funding is an uncertainty.
Or, you could apply to study the PGDL again at an institution like ULaw and see if you can be successful in applying for a scholarship which, although it won't cover the entirety of the costs, will help towards paying this sum.

I hope this helps and good luck 🙂

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending