The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Need help with UAL portfolio!

How big does each page have to be? For example, should it be A4 or A3 or does it matter if present as a portrait or landscape? This is for the online submission.
Original post by Emir_0808
How big does each page have to be? For example, should it be A4 or A3 or does it matter if present as a portrait or landscape? This is for the online submission.

hello, I have submitted two portfolios for ual. for both my courses I had to build my portfolio on pebblepad as that is what ual requested of me so I assume that is the same for you? Pebble pad requires you to upload an image and you can chose to write about it. My advice is to just go on pebblepad and experiment with uploading your work in different sizes etc and see what works best for you. I don't know if I've helped at all but if you have any more questions I can try to help as best as I can.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by caitlincmn
hello, I have submitted two portfolios for ual. for both my courses I had to build my portfolio on pebblepad as that is what ual requested of me so I assume that is the same for you? Pebble pad requires you to upload an image and you can chose to write about it. My advice is to just go on pebblepad and experiment with uploading your work in different sizes etc and see what works best for you. I don't know if I've helped at all but if you have any more questions I can try to help as best as I can.

I was trying to edit multiple images into one by using illustrator and then exporting that file as jpeg and uploading it onto pebble pad. I wanted to know if I could upload a image onto pebble pad if the image was A3 size landscape
I was trying to edit multiple images into one by using illustrator and then exporting that file as jpeg and uploading it onto pebble pad. I wanted to know if I could upload a image onto pebble pad if the image was A3 size landscape

I assume so. I did it by making my portfolio on keynote and screen shotting them and uploading the screenshots
Hey. I was thinking of doing the same thing. First arrange multiple images in illustrator and then export as jpeg and upload the same as a single page in pebble pad. But does anyone knows what size artboards are there in pebblepad so that i can arrange accordingly in illustrator?
You should definitely do landscape- it’s easier to read. And the max size can be 4000X 4000 pixels if I’m not wrong. There is a YouTube on video that explains all this. Just type “pebble pad UAL”
I just made Google slides docs and screenshot Ted them in

Hi,

The portfolio submission for UAL applications takes place on PebblePad.

As for your questions, I would personally recommend keeping the format landscape for better impact as the team reviewing your submission will post probably looking at it on a regular computer/laptop screen. You can keep the same thing in mind while deciding on the layout of your portfolio.

The following are the formats accepted on Pebblepad:

Audio: mp3, mp4, ogg, wav, wma

Video: avi, mp4, mpeg, mkv, mov, WMV

And, The following are the specifications when it comes to file size.

4000 pixels in either height or width

512MB.

Do add descriptions of every uploaded page to help communicate with the viewer and remember to submit only once you're certain as you can't make any changes post-submission.

Please refer to this link and the video within for more detailed information about this step of the application process. PebblePad Guidance

In case you face any technical issues, please do reach out on the email: [email protected] with your relevant details and a description of the issue you are facing.

I hope this helps,

Best,
Tejaswini
Student Ambassador
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hi,

The portfolio submission for UAL applications takes place on PebblePad.

As for your questions, I would personally recommend keeping the format landscape for better impact as the team reviewing your submission will post probably looking at it on a regular computer/laptop screen. You can keep the same thing in mind while deciding on the layout of your portfolio.

The following are the formats accepted on Pebblepad:

Audio: mp3, mp4, ogg, wav, wma

Video: avi, mp4, mpeg, mkv, mov, WMV

And, The following are the specifications when it comes to file size.

4000 pixels in either height or width

512MB.

Do add descriptions of every uploaded page to help communicate with the viewer and remember to submit only once you're certain as you can't make any changes post-submission.

Please refer to this link and the video within for more detailed information about this step of the application process. PebblePad Guidance

In case you face any technical issues, please do reach out on the email: [email protected] with your relevant details and a description of the issue you are facing.

I hope this helps,

Best,
Tejaswini
Student Ambassador

This thread is a year old. I suspect that the OP has already submitted their portfolio and won’t benefit from your response
Original post by PQ
This thread is a year old. I suspect that the OP has already submitted their portfolio and won’t benefit from your response

Hi there,

Thanks for your concern. Hopefully Tejaswini's answer will be useful to someone in the future. Students submit portfolios every year, so portfolio advice is always relevant and helpful 🙂

Have a nice day!
Best,
Georgia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending