The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

NTU Byron - Which block is the quietest?

Hi, I'm a 3rd year student currently on my placement year, looking to move into Byron for my final year this September, wondering which block of Byron is not the one directly above the SU? As far as I am aware it's B block you want to avoid due to the noise from the SU.
(Side note, is it weird that I'm a final year student moving back into halls? I was in private accommodation in my 2nd year but now that I'm on placement all my friends are in their final year right now so won't be there next year. I'm choosing Byron because up until now I've had accommodation that's been quite far away from city centre, and Byron being directly above the NTU gym appeals to me.)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ICE_AGE
Hi, I'm a 3rd year student currently on my placement year, looking to move into Byron for my final year this September, wondering which block of Byron is not the one directly above the SU? As far as I am aware it's B block you want to avoid due to the noise from the SU.
(Side note, is it weird that I'm a final year student moving back into halls? I was in private accommodation in my 2nd year but now that I'm on placement all my friends are in their final year right now so won't be there next year. I'm choosing Byron because up until now I've had accommodation that's been quite far away from city centre, and Byron being directly above the NTU gym appeals to me.)

Im a soon to be 1st year and I've booked block A 5th floor. Looking at maps, block D & F are closest to or above the SU entrance, but im sure of you're on a high floor you won't notice the sound from below.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
block F is the block you want to go for. that's where all the mature students are - avoid block a and b
Reply 3
Hi, just wondering how things went moving back into halls, I'm currently on placement and not sure what to do about accommodation next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending