The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Internet speed in halls

Planning to move in for first year. Just want to know how fast the internet is there.
Comes down to what your university has a contract with. Most likely it'll be Eduroam and you can expect fast Internet, but not necessarily consistent Internet (over WiFi).

I've never experienced the WiFi disappearing but many others have said this so there's that. On ethernet, if basically noone is using it you can get like 1 Gigabit/s download and 1 Gigabit/s upload
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
900 kbps
Reply 3
Original post by Joseph Green
Comes down to what your university has a contract with. Most likely it'll be Eduroam and you can expect fast Internet, but not necessarily consistent Internet (over WiFi).

I've never experienced the WiFi disappearing but many others have said this so there's that. On ethernet, if basically noone is using it you can get like 1 Gigabit/s download and 1 Gigabit/s upload

Yep. I’m most likely going to be using some sort of Ethernet for my pc and need the speed for downloading and uploading files for my course. I’ve seen a lot of negative reviews online regarding internet in dorms but I’m guessing they fixed that recently

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending