Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
"Geeky" girls are awesome <3
Reply 81
im so academic
:smile:

Someone who starts a thread like this? :rolleyes:

:biggrin:
I know I'm a nerd, I enjoy academic pursuits, read comic books, etc. But I have an alright sense of fashion, have had many relationships with women, etc... So I don't think there's such thing as a typical 'nerd'...
glasses, computer game obsessed, into sciences, has a stupid sense of humour, is awkward, loner, lacks social skills, is just plain weird...
I used to think geeks/nerds were the brainy and intellectual type, aha. But now I've grown up, a lot, so I just use that stereotype as 'silly' or 'immature' hehe, and maybe the occasional flirtation =p.
Sometimes I use geek/nerd as computer geeks or math wizards, with bogeys constantly in their noses :\, but that's very rarely.
tami*
someone clever and who looks like this guy, cute dopey, kind

henry from accounting :yep: yes please

and the geeks in hellogoodbye :love:

Ooh, yes I want too plz :p:
SuicidalLemming
Ooh, yes I want too plz :p:

ok we can share

:shakehand:
Reply 87
Hmm, i think its someone who is really into academic studies and lacks social development as a result of spending a lot of time doing anti social things, like using computers (although on a site like this it is hardly anti social) or studying.
Sunshine08'
But now I've grown up, a lot, so I just use that stereotype as 'silly' or 'immature'

Who are you to say what an adult should do/be like? Narrow-minded philistine.
Reply 89
I would call myself a geek.

Wears NHS glasses- NO

No fashion sense- No, I dress up quite nicely and take care of my appearance

Doesn't play sport/ is malcoordinated, and plays on computer games instead- Yes, but I dont play games excessively. I enjoy playing sport but I dont because I suck so badly at all the popular ones(football, rugby,basketball). I enjoy playing football but I always make a fool of myself so I just dont play it at all.

An abhorent lack of social skills- Yes but thats down to my social anxiety and problems I faced when I was a child

They belive that academic work is everything.- I believe its very important but I dont just work all day. I also did really badly for my GCSEs.

I think as a person I'm a geek but deep down inside I'm nothing like a geek but my anxiety always shuts that bit of me up and only my geekyness is visible. On the outside I don't think I look anything like a Geek though.
OK, if you spot something extra in this post that you find amusing, you're probably a nerd/geek/wahtever.

Reply 91
Im not sure which category I am.

UML ftw.
Geek - Technologically obsessed
Nerd - Academically obsessed.

'm a geek, and proud of it :p:
Reply 93
Norfolkadam
What pun? I don't see a pun. :no:

He lies!

I guess you have to know about graphics cards to get the pun.... but then that makes me a - noooooooooo. Ah well no matter.
Charlybob
Geek - Technologically obsessed
Nerd - Academically obsessed.

I must be a nerd then... as my username suggests :smartass:
Reply 95
Speedbird2008
Ugly

Wears NHS glasses

No fashion sense

Doesn't play sport/ is malcoordinated, and plays on computer games instead

An abhorent lack of social skills

They belive that academic work is everything.

etc.

:woo:

So harsh.
Reply 96
A geek is a Runescape Addict.
Reply 97
Ekpyrotic
How do you distinguish between the fakes and the reals? I want to see what category I fit into.

i can tell you if you want to know, you come under fake.
Bagration
OK, if you spot something extra in this post that you find amusing, you're probably a nerd/geek/wahtever.

"wannabe's"
Hey, thanks to the person who repped me. You didn't leave a name so *is hoping you'll get the thanks here* :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending