The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Affective Disorders MSc

Hi guys, I recently received an offer for the Affective Disorders MSc, and was just wondering if anyone else has got an offer for this course too? If not this course, any course that's primarily based within the IoPPN?
Hey! Not the same course but Ive got an offer for MSc Clinical Neurodevelopmental Sciences which is also primarily based in the IoPPN :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by marianna__xox
Hey! Not the same course but Ive got an offer for MSc Clinical Neurodevelopmental Sciences which is also primarily based in the IoPPN :smile:

thanks for getting back to me! i was hoping to ask if you plan on moving out to london for this course (provided you’re not already living there) as i’m currently accommodation searching :smile:
Original post by nooraz
thanks for getting back to me! i was hoping to ask if you plan on moving out to london for this course (provided you’re not already living there) as i’m currently accommodation searching :smile:

No worries, yes I am planning to move to London, I have been told that the housing market there is super quick tho so I will probably be looking a little closer to aug/sept nearer to the start of the course!
Reply 4
Original post by nooraz
Hi guys, I recently received an offer for the Affective Disorders MSc, and was just wondering if anyone else has got an offer for this course too? If not this course, any course that's primarily based within the IoPPN?

Congrats on your offer! I also applied to that MSc but I'm still waiting on a reply. Do you mind saying when you applied?
Reply 5
Original post by marianna__xox
No worries, yes I am planning to move to London, I have been told that the housing market there is super quick tho so I will probably be looking a little closer to aug/sept nearer to the start of the course!

Oh no way! I had no idea, I always thought it would be quite difficult trying to secure an accommodation in London, especially given the prices of some. I only recently figured out that the IoPPN facilities are mainly based in South, not Central so that narrowed my search a little! Do you know if you plan on finding an accommodation that's strictly student based (e.g. Unite) or if you'd prefer a flat in any general accommodation?
Reply 6
Original post by dfq37
Congrats on your offer! I also applied to that MSc but I'm still waiting on a reply. Do you mind saying when you applied?

Thank you so much! And not at all, I officially submitted it on 30th January, I hope you get a response soon! It would be great to get in touch with someone on the same course before the start date :smile:
Original post by nooraz
Oh no way! I had no idea, I always thought it would be quite difficult trying to secure an accommodation in London, especially given the prices of some. I only recently figured out that the IoPPN facilities are mainly based in South, not Central so that narrowed my search a little! Do you know if you plan on finding an accommodation that's strictly student based (e.g. Unite) or if you'd prefer a flat in any general accommodation?

Yeah! I think because so many people want to live there, when you find a place, the property owners want you to move in fairly quick so you can start paying them haha, yeah mostly located at the Denmark hill area, I will probably be looking for a more general accommodation as Im moving in with others that wont be students and I think most student based ones can be overpriced anyway!! But thats just the ones Ive looked at so far :smile:
Original post by nooraz

I applied to the clinical psychiatry course 😊 no offer just yet!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by adsyadina123
I applied to the clinical psychiatry course 😊 no offer just yet!

That course looks amazing! Hopefully you hear a reply soon :smile: are you based in London at the moment or do you plan on moving out?
Original post by nooraz
That course looks amazing! Hopefully you hear a reply soon :smile: are you based in London at the moment or do you plan on moving out?

I’m already living in london but if i get in I’d hopefully move out :smile: how about you?
Reply 11
I’m already living in london but if i get in I’d hopefully move out :smile: how about you?

i’m planning on moving out too as i’m from Birmingham :smile: currently struggling finding a decent accommodation however and none of my friends are doing a post grad unfortunately!
Original post by nooraz
That course looks amazing! Hopefully you hear a reply soon :smile: are you based in London at the moment or do

Original post by nooraz
i’m planning on moving out too as i’m from Birmingham :smile: currently struggling finding a decent accommodation however and none of my friends are doing a post grad unfortunately!

I got a conditional offer from queen mary for a similar course! Still waiting for KCL to get back.
Reply 13
I got a conditional offer from queen mary for a similar course! Still waiting for KCL to get back.

Congratulations!! That’s so amazing, fingers crossed Kings get back to you soon, the course is still taking applications i think so they’re likely just getting through them at their own pace!
Reply 14
Original post by nooraz
Thank you so much! And not at all, I officially submitted it on 30th January, I hope you get a response soon! It would be great to get in touch with someone on the same course before the start date :smile:

I just accepted my offer and I’m planning to move to London on September! Feel free to connect!
Hi, I am a current member of this course! I have loved it. It has fully been online this year though :smile:
Reply 16
Hi all, I want to apply to this course but was wondering if you guys would recommend it for those who want to pursue a career in clinical psychology. Also, what are you biggest tips for applicants?
Original post by nooraz

Hi there, i know i'm late but i was wondering if you had to go through any interviews? I just applied for 2024 and the prospectus said there might be an interview. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest