The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Uni- sussex or newcastle

I’m going to study psychology at uni which one is best?? The course at Sussex looks a bit more interesting but newcastle is rated better and i wld b near my bf
Original post by Anonymous
I’m going to study psychology at uni which one is best?? The course at Sussex looks a bit more interesting but newcastle is rated better and i wld b near my bf

Hey, thanks for your question :smile: I myself am not a Psychology student unfortunately, but I see that Sussex is ranked in the top 20 (16th) in the Complete University Guide which as you said I'm sure is a reflection of how engaging the course is, as well as a great standard of teaching.

Something I am more knowledgeable on however is general student life and it's really immersive at Sussex, with there over being over 200 student societies you can get involved with! Of course with the current climate, most events are virtual at the moment but no matter what your interests are, there's always something that'll peak your interest and it's a great way to meet new people with similar interests. (Something which has understandably been more difficult to do this academic year)

Brighton as a city is a great place to live in also as it's very vibrant and there's lots to explore. It's less than 10 mins away from campus via the train so it's quite nearby and it's really nice to have its well known beach and pier at your doorstep. There's also the South Downs National Park which surrounds the campus which makes for a really calming environment and of course like all major cities, there's a bustling city centre as well, so Brighton's quite unique in the sense it has all 3 of a beach / nature / busy city centre when many cities only have one or two.

One final point I'd like to add is that university is incredibly diverse, with students coming from over 100 different countries. There's also good BAME representation and as someone who's an ethnic minority myself, I've really enjoyed this aspect of student life. There's definitely a sense of community at Sussex and the vast array of different backgrounds and cultures helps create a really rich student experience which I've enjoyed during my time here.

I realise I haven't been able to directly answer your question about Psychology, but I do hope that I've helped to provide more of an understanding of what life as a student is like at Sussex :smile:

- Isthiak (BA History with Proficiency in Arabic, with a Professional Placement Year)
(edited 3 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Anonymous

Hello,

Just to add to the response provided by my colleague Isthiak, myself, I have had the opportunity to study a few psychology modules, including:
Clinical Psychology and Mental Health (Year 2), and Cognitive Neuroscience, Mind and Brain, Drugs, Brain and Behaviour (Year 3). Since, these have been some of my favourite modules (especially the Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, and Drugs, Brain and Behaviour), I would definitely recommend Sussex as a great option for studying Psychology.

Let me know if you would like any more details about any of the mentioned modules, or have any other questions, with regard to Student Life :smile:.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student, MSci with a Year Abroad)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending