The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Meng -is it worth to apply this year?

ok, friends got a dilemma, ive no idea how to help, so here it goes fellow tsrians..

he says;

"So, last year I was doing only three subjects during my AS year, those being Maths w/Mechanics, English and Physics. I got the grades ADB in those respectively.

Of course, I dropped English and picked up Further Maths and Music, thinking I'd have to stay at Sixth Form for an extra year to finish one or both of those off to make up for the lost subject.

However, recently, I checked the King's website and found out that they accept 2 A-Levels and 3 AS's as a combination for Mechanical Engineering.

The minimum for those was AB for A-Level and BB/Pass for AS.

I can get an A and B minimum in Physics, that I'm sure of. And I know I can get BB minimum, potentially A's in Music and Further Maths, making my required grades up.

However I'm skeptical about how valid that D in English is as the third "pass" grade required for AS, and was wondering how much of a chance, with an exceptional UCAS, I stood of being accepted."

thanks all.. :smile:
n0b0dy
ok, friends got a dilemma, ive no idea how to help, so here it goes fellow tsrians..

he says;

"So, last year I was doing only three subjects during my AS year, those being Maths w/Mechanics, English and Physics. I got the grades ADB in those respectively.

Of course, I dropped English and picked up Further Maths and Music, thinking I'd have to stay at Sixth Form for an extra year to finish one or both of those off to make up for the lost subject.

However, recently, I checked the King's website and found out that they accept 2 A-Levels and 3 AS's as a combination for Mechanical Engineering.

The minimum for those was AB for A-Level and BB/Pass for AS.

I can get an A and B minimum in Physics, that I'm sure of. And I know I can get BB minimum, potentially A's in Music and Further Maths, making my required grades up.

However I'm skeptical about how valid that D in English is as the third "pass" grade required for AS, and was wondering how much of a chance, with an exceptional UCAS, I stood of being accepted."

thanks all.. :smile:

I remember seeing in my prospectus for the medical school that AA at A2 + BBB at AS would be accepted (or something similar, the AS grades might have been higher). I assume they DO make such offers or they wouldn't bother to put it in the prospectus? I'd email and ask for sure, but I think it's worth a shot.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Latest