The Student Room Group

Apply for Finance/Banking internship whilst studying chemistry

Hi,

I'm about to go into my 3rd year of my MSci Chemistry degree in London. I'm thinking about what internships I could apply to for next summer. Is it worth my time considering a banking/ finance internship even though I don't really know a lot about what they are? Would my application be considered?

Thanks so much
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
I did an MEng in Chemical Engineering and landed a placement year at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank when I was at uni, currently on a graduate scheme at a different BB IB. Course doesn't matter really, if you're showing that you're going the extra mile to learn about the industry via online courses, attending events, joining the finance society at uni etc. then thats what these companies will appreciate, more so than someone who is doing economics/finance and relies on their lecturers to teach them about this stuff
Reply 2
Original post by Darcy1
I did an MEng in Chemical Engineering and landed a placement year at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank when I was at uni, currently on a graduate scheme at a different BB IB. Course doesn't matter really, if you're showing that you're going the extra mile to learn about the industry via online courses, attending events, joining the finance society at uni etc. then thats what these companies will appreciate, more so than someone who is doing economics/finance and relies on their lecturers to teach them about this stuff

That makes sense, thank you. Do you have any online courses/ resources you could reccomend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending