The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
jgoggs1
Joint first with York, what about you?

Ah cool, it's my 4th choice, after Cambridge, SOAS and LSE. But to be honest there's not much between any of them, and I've never visited Bristol, SOAS or LSE, so everything could change :biggrin:

I'd be really happy with Bristol though :smile:

J
Reply 81
Conditional for Durham! :biggrin: (Course: Politics)
The conditions are so lengthy though.. -_- (i'm quoting it below)

Grades AAA in any 3 of
Chemistry
History
Mathematics
Physics

excluding General Studies (which is like English)

plus an average of 700 in SATRs (which i've already got :biggrin:)

Judging from the rather disastrous A levels, i'm apprehensive. But well at least i can be mildly happy for a few months (:

Good luck to everybody else (:
Reply 82
jgoggs1
University: Bristol
Course: Politics
Offer: AAB
Reaction: Chuffed to bits! Thought they wouldn't make a decision for months!

ah well done :smile:
Reply 83
hanayori

Judging from the rather disastrous A levels, i'm apprehensive. But well at least i can be mildly happy for a few months (:

Good luck to everybody else (:

Whoa, well done - and big gratz!

Awesome that you had those SAT scores already. I was thinking of trying, but have decided not to. I probably will if I get rejected by my five choices.
Good luck with your A-lvls :smile:.
Reply 84
Don't be pessimistic! At such an early stage no news is probably good news :smile: I mean i know people are starting to get offers from Bristol already and i havent heard anything.. Look on the bright side if you havent seen the big fat R word there's still chance.

I will advise you to take SAT (if there's still time). You don't have to send it in if its not good but if its good it can only help you i think. I got 2180 in the first try and 2330 in the second, with minimal practices so i'd say trust yourself and go for it! All the best.
Reply 85
Got all of the offers listed in my signature so far. Manchester was first, i got that towards the end of october, the other two came through 2 weeks ago. :smile:
Reply 86
xaimzx
Got all of the offers listed in my signature so far. Manchester was first, i got that towards the end of october, the other two came through 2 weeks ago. :smile:

when did you sent yours off? I was thinking of applying for Politics and Sociology at Bristol :shifty:
Reply 87
well done xaimzx :smile:
Reply 88
02mik_e
when did you sent yours off? I was thinking of applying for Politics and Sociology at Bristol :shifty:

uhm, it says that ucas sent it on the 21st october on the ucas tracker thing, i can't remember the date that my college sent it off to ucas. :smile:
Reply 89
Has anyone on here got decisions from either Warwick or York yet?
I echo JoeJBB's sentiments, congrats xaimzx :biggrin:
Reply 90
jgoggs1
Has anyone on here got decisions from either Warwick or York yet?
I echo JoeJBB's sentiments, congrats xaimzx :biggrin:

Nope. apparently they don't get back to you until late January early February. Warwick this is.
Reply 91
thanks guys :smile:
Reply 92
well done to everyone who got into Bristol :smile: i applied there too but got an email a while ago saying i would need to wait till next year to hear anything, probably because I applied for joint honours Politics with French
Reply 93
I got an offer from SOAS for Politics and Development Studies (AAA) which is my second choice so I'm dead excited about that, and Kent offered me BB for Conflict, Peace and Secutiry, which may be my insurance place unless Warwick offer me AAB.

So it's all been rather exciting this uni malarkey!

And congrats to everyone else that have got offers! :biggrin:
Reply 94
frankietje
well done to everyone who got into Bristol :smile: i applied there too but got an email a while ago saying i would need to wait till next year to hear anything, probably because I applied for joint honours Politics with French

Oh, I got that email too, in mid october, but still got an offer, so you might hear something before the new year :smile:
Reply 95
Hey guys

got 3 offers lol...

Uni: Loughborough ( 300 points)
UEA (ABB)
Essex (BBB)

still waiting for one more lol
Reply 96
ShekShek
Hey guys

got 3 offers lol...

Uni: Loughborough ( 300 points)
UEA (ABB)
Essex (BBB)

still waiting for one more lol

Whoa, gratz!
Which one are you waiting for?

Political Science?
Reply 97
aw thanks

yhh
Reply 98
My school has a 20 Sept deadline (we're international) so i've basically done everything since then. Now i'm just waiting (impatiently.. haha) for:

Bristol
LSE
Cambridge: Interview done, written works sent about 30 Oct. I just sent two short exam papers..
Reply 99
Just had an offer from SOAS - Unconditional for Politics :biggrin: :woo::party::five: :biggrin: it's my second choice so I'm soooooooooooooo happy, yay!

Latest

Trending

Trending