The Student Room Group

RCSI vs Trinity

Hi! I got an offer to study at RCSI and at Trinity Ireland for medicine. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. Can any current students tell me about their experience? What is it like for international students?
Original post by mahikasahayaraj
Hi! I got an offer to study at RCSI and at Trinity Ireland for medicine. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. Can any current students tell me about their experience? What is it like for international students?

hey,
im currently struggling to pick between the two aswell :?
My sister goes to RCSI for pharmacy now so I can give you some insight.

in terms of teaching I don't hear great things about trinity (which may be surprising)
i think it makes sense that rcsi for medicine would be better as it is a health science focused university.
i think for a good social life trinity might be better as it's bigger and you get people studying different degrees rather than just medical sciences.My sister describes the difference as rcsi would feel like primary school where you are grouped with the same people and you do EVERYTHING with them,. Whereas trinity is like secondary school and you see people from different courses who are doing the same module or something (e.g biomedical science). Trinity would also have more clubs and societies (for me I wouldn't let this be a big factor unless there is something at trinity that you really want to join that isn't offered at rcsi)
there are lots of international students at rcsi so dw.
trinity has this reputation of being very 'prestige' and having a lot of just white Irish.
at rcsi you get a mac which I mean is a really great plus
the fess for trinity are cheaper i believe so that might factor in.
I think you get a better campus feel at trinity but i personally like rcsi better as it looks more modern and nice (I've been to rcsi a lot more so maybe I'm biased)
that's everything i have to say for now., Personally, I'm leaning towards rcsi maybe as I'm more familiar with it and never even considered anything else. My parents want me to go to trinity but that's cause they thing reputation is everything (it isn't lol)
Reply 2
Original post by Bambi_02
hey,
im currently struggling to pick between the two aswell :?
My sister goes to RCSI for pharmacy now so I can give you some insight.

in terms of teaching I don't hear great things about trinity (which may be surprising)
i think it makes sense that rcsi for medicine would be better as it is a health science focused university.
i think for a good social life trinity might be better as it's bigger and you get people studying different degrees rather than just medical sciences.My sister describes the difference as rcsi would feel like primary school where you are grouped with the same people and you do EVERYTHING with them,. Whereas trinity is like secondary school and you see people from different courses who are doing the same module or something (e.g biomedical science). Trinity would also have more clubs and societies (for me I wouldn't let this be a big factor unless there is something at trinity that you really want to join that isn't offered at rcsi)
there are lots of international students at rcsi so dw.
trinity has this reputation of being very 'prestige' and having a lot of just white Irish.
at rcsi you get a mac which I mean is a really great plus
the fess for trinity are cheaper i believe so that might factor in.
I think you get a better campus feel at trinity but i personally like rcsi better as it looks more modern and nice (I've been to rcsi a lot more so maybe I'm biased)
that's everything i have to say for now., Personally, I'm leaning towards rcsi maybe as I'm more familiar with it and never even considered anything else. My parents want me to go to trinity but that's cause they thing reputation is everything (it isn't lol)

Hi which college did you finally choose? At the same crossroad so would like some input.
Reply 3
Original post by mahikasahayaraj

hey thanks for sharing, can you elaborate how the teaching in trinity is? did people complain about not getting study support enough, especially for internationals?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending