The Student Room Group

Medical school options help

I have been accepted to 2 medical schools, RCSI BAHRAIN AND IMU MALAYSIA. My intentions are doing post grad from USA via usmle. i cant find any resources on either uni for ranking. Malaysia as a country seems interesting but the university is unheard of. RCSI is prestigeous but living in a tiny island for 5 years seems daunting and boring. Is IMU or rcsi good?. Which of these options would you guys personally go for. thank you.
I’ll try provide some input in this. Congrats on the 2 offers by the way! You have arguably crossed the biggest hurdle of med school which is getting a place, so well done!

Now, ranking doesn’t really matter for medical schools. However, if you are planning on doing USMLE, double check that the university you are going to is part of the registered universities for USMLE. If memory serves me correct, they have a list of registered med schools. (https://www.wdoms.org)

Double check if the schools you wish to go to are on here. If they aren’t, then you might need to request special exemption (if they allow that).

After all the admin is done, think about location, as you will be living there for the next 5 or so years. But the most important thing to think about is the USMLE requirements if that’s your goal.
Reply 2
Original post by UrFellowMedic
I’ll try provide some input in this. Congrats on the 2 offers by the way! You have arguably crossed the biggest hurdle of med school which is getting a place, so well done!

Now, ranking doesn’t really matter for medical schools. However, if you are planning on doing USMLE, double check that the university you are going to is part of the registered universities for USMLE. If memory serves me correct, they have a list of registered med schools. (https://www.wdoms.org)

Double check if the schools you wish to go to are on here. If they aren’t, then you might need to request special exemption (if they allow that).

After all the admin is done, think about location, as you will be living there for the next 5 or so years. But the most important thing to think about is the USMLE requirements if that’s your goal.

thank you for your sincere guidance. this website was exactly what i was looking for.
Reply 3
Original post by UrFellowMedic

hi there, the link doesnt work. it says it will be fixed by may 19th but that has long passed. do you have alternative resources?
Original post by Abdullahirea34
hi there, the link doesnt work. it says it will be fixed by may 19th but that has long passed. do you have alternative resources?

The link works now. It was on maintenance starting from the 19th, and ended yesterday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending