The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Currently studying MSc Risk Analysis at KCL, AMA :)

Hey all, as title says, currently studying Risk Analysis at KCL, which got remodeled into Risk Analysis, Disasters and Resilience for this year.
If you have any questions, please let me know :smile:
(Might get to ramble some overall remarks if nobody asks later on, now off to bed, handed in final course works of the programme ^^)
oh gosh thank you!!! May I send a PM?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by SimpletonAcademy
oh gosh thank you!!! May I send a PM?

hey there, yes, sure thing, send pm or write in here.
Reply 3
So, a quick recap of the questions i received so far:

- The programme is not necessarily math-heavy. It involves 1-2 works involving quantitative research and data analysis (SPSS), for the rest you will have a number of cases to choose from, where you can apply/test/compare etc. theories on. This gives you the opportunity to work quantitatively, if you like, otherwise you can pretty much avoid it, if you like.

- The curriculum was challenging in a number of ways. It involved quite a lot of reading, with some of the authors deliberately trying to be as obscure as possible. At least that was my impression. It also takes a few sessions until you can see and understand how everything works together, but it will all make sense. The professors are great, very knowledgeable and try to work together with the students wherever possible, you just need to get to know their quirks first :wink:.

- For course works, just focus on providing analysis! Just recapping what some authors said will not cut it, and the word distribution should reflect that. The one thing you will get used to is reading the phrase: "Theory X or approach Y could have been explored in more detail." It was impossible, at least for me, to prevent this from popping up. That is not bad, on its own, as it helps to think about other approaches you might have missed, and it certainly does not prevent good grades if you can argue your case.

Lemme know what else is up :smile:
Reply 4
Hi all! Just a quick question about the application process for the MSc. How long did it take to receive the offer? Thanks!
Reply 5
Hi!

I've been accepted onto this course for next year. I was wondering what the timetable looked like for you, both in terms of when things were placed and how often you were in university vs remote lectures etc.

Thanks so much!
Reply 6
Maybe a little bit late on from this - I got mine about 5 weeks after applying. Hope you've heard back by now!
Original post by _itr_
Hi all! Just a quick question about the application process for the MSc. How long did it take to receive the offer? Thanks!
Hello! I am curious about this postgraduate degree. I have a background in International and European Studies and I was wondering if this master is worth it as it seems quite interesting. Does it make you more competitive and appealing when applying for jobs?

Quick Reply

Latest