The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea 2021

Hi, currently in y13 studying a level biology, chemistry and psychology, been offered a conditional offer AAB from Swansea for applied medical science, wanted to ask anyone if they have had experience with applying to Swansea. If anyone can answer these questions, that would be great.

If you don’t meet the grades on the offer on results day, is there any chance of them offering you a place at a different course with a foundation year?

If so, how likely?

Are their pathways to medicine courses with a foundation year ever in clearing?

Currently deciding which one to put as my firm, cardiff or Swansea, I feel like these questions will help me decide more.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, currently in y13 studying a level biology, chemistry and psychology, been offered a conditional offer AAB from Swansea for applied medical science, wanted to ask anyone if they have had experience with applying to Swansea. If anyone can answer these questions, that would be great.

If you don’t meet the grades on the offer on results day, is there any chance of them offering you a place at a different course with a foundation year?

If so, how likely?

Are their pathways to medicine courses with a foundation year ever in clearing?

Currently deciding which one to put as my firm, cardiff or Swansea, I feel like these questions will help me decide more.

I can speak for Swansea, I’ve worked on the clearing helplines before and there were quite a few spaces available on some of the Pathways to Medicine undergraduate programmes, but they do fill up fairly quickly - hope that helps!

- Cameron, Y3 Graduate Entry Medicine Student, Swansea University
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest