The Student Room Group

Can I realistically apply for entry level accounting roles with my limited experience

So, I graduated in accounting and finance in 2021 at Swansea university with a first which was a struggle as my second and third year were during COVID. I have decent A-levels 2Cs and 2 Bs in business studies, economics, math's and biology. I wanted to do a masters after my degree but that fell through in the first few weeks because I hated the course and I was living with some questionable characters so I ended up leaving and coming back home. I wasn't in the right mind set to start looking for full time office work as I was quite stressed. Since then I found a quick job in a completely unrelated field in a pottery which I still do but doesn't pay much. (I previously worked in a supermarket for a year before uni) I also started a small business growing and selling mushrooms in the local area its nothing special and haven't got any advanced financial planning or statements just simple excel documents with costs, sales profits etc. I also live in the middle of nowhere so getting a driving license was definitely something I needed to get. however with the long waiting lists and high cost of doing so with my low paid pottery job I have only just achieved this goal and have a car I can drive. I just wanted to know if this is enough to start applying to accounting jobs with. I have forgotten most of my degree but am happy to re learn if it actually means its worth my time. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you for any replies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending