The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff or Swansea University?

I'm hoping to study Pharmacy or a similar degree at Swansea or Cardiff University. Though, I'm not sure which university I want to go to.

1. Cardiff is a Russel group university
2. Swansea seems to be ranked 1st for Medicine

Personally, Swansea is more practical for me but going to Cardiff is still a possibility for me. But, Cardiff seems to be more prestigious since it's a Russel group university. Would it matter which university I go to - would it look better on my CV if I graduated from Cardiff rather than Swansea or does that not matter? Is the degree all that matters? If you go to Swansea or Cardiff - do you regret it? How are you finding it? Any advice would be extremely appreciated. Thank you!
Hi!

I applied for Pharmacy at Bath and Cardiff, not Swansea, but both Swansea and Cardiff are good universities.
Personally, I am biased towards Cardiff as it is my firm, and I live the closest to it - but it was also 1st for Pharmacy in 2021, soooo... that's why I chose Cardiff.
I know that Swansea have recently spent more money on its science facilities, but as you rightly point out: Cardiff is a Russel Group University. (they also have their own block for Pharmacy!)

I think that it depends on the grades that they want you to achieve and whether you think you can achieve them. If you are unsure, ask both unis why you should pick them, what facilities they have, and then hopefully that will help you decide.

I hope this has helped!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Flutterby8
Hi!

I applied for Pharmacy at Bath and Cardiff, not Swansea, but both Swansea and Cardiff are good universities.
Personally, I am biased towards Cardiff as it is my firm, and I live the closest to it - but it was also 1st for Pharmacy in 2021, soooo... that's why I chose Cardiff.
I know that Swansea have recently spent more money on its science facilities, but as you rightly point out: Cardiff is a Russel Group University. (they also have their own block for Pharmacy!)

I think that it depends on the grades that they want you to achieve and whether you think you can achieve them. If you are unsure, ask both unis why you should pick them, what facilities they have, and then hopefully that will help you decide.

I hope this has helped!

Thank you! Have you started your degree in Pharmacy yet at Cardiff or are you starting in September?
I'm hopefully starting in September if I get the grades!
I'm hopefully starting in September if I get the grades!

same here !
Original post by iEndeavor
same here !

What grades do you need?
Swansea is by far the superior university. We scoff at the Cardiff students choice of education :colondollar:

(You have literally chosen the biggest rivalry in Wales to compare) :catfight:
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
Swansea is by far the superior university. We scoff at the Cardiff students choice of education :colondollar:

(You have literally chosen the biggest rivalry in Wales to compare) :catfight:

Hahahahah I know! It's a difficult situation to be in at the moment! The Pharmacy course for Swansea is so new as well it's really difficult to pick
What grades do you need?

got an unconditional atm !!
Omg, that's amazing!!

May I ask how you managed that? I really wish I could have got that. It would save a lot of stress 😂
(edited 1 year ago)
Omg, that's amazing!!

May I ask how you managed that? I really wish I could have got that. It would save a lot of stress 😂

wait, i'll send you a dm !
wait, i'll send you a dm !

Hi can you tell me too
😭😭
Reply 12
Original post by golddddddddd
Hi can you tell me too
😭😭

sorry, haven't been on student room since !
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm hoping to study Pharmacy or a similar degree at Swansea or Cardiff University. Though, I'm not sure which university I want to go to.

1. Cardiff is a Russel group university
2. Swansea seems to be ranked 1st for Medicine

Personally, Swansea is more practical for me but going to Cardiff is still a possibility for me. But, Cardiff seems to be more prestigious since it's a Russel group university. Would it matter which university I go to - would it look better on my CV if I graduated from Cardiff rather than Swansea or does that not matter? Is the degree all that matters? If you go to Swansea or Cardiff - do you regret it? How are you finding it? Any advice would be extremely appreciated. Thank you!

Hi there,

Either university is an excellent option. I think that it comes down to your personal preference. I'd recommend visiting open days and doing some more research into the opportunities that you would prefer.

I'm sorry that I can't help more🙂

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
sorry, haven't been on student room since !

Oh no worries , but how did you get an unconditional for pharmacy at Cardiff?
Reply 15
Original post by golddddddddd
Oh no worries , but how did you get an unconditional for pharmacy at Cardiff?

wasn't exactly sure at the time but i think it was a mix of my grades and my personal statement!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending