The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Gosh these questions weren't really what I was expecting, they're very direct. I get the feeling I'm either gonna blather on or not say enough.
I'm reading the NHS Nursing Times online now so I have smoe background news to fall back on if I can't think of anything to say.

Oh Jason when you got your Immunisations record were you able to get it straight away or did you have to call back for it?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 81
the receptionist at my doctor was able to print my immunisation cert off straight away from her comp so didnt have to wait
Reply 82
I sat and waited for my immunisation cert for nearly 2 hours!
Reply 83
I am from Belfast amy_sugar8. Just 10 mins away from Queens.

How about you?

x
Reply 84
Omagh! About an hour away!
Reply 85
I phoned up and had to collect them the day after so it doesn't take long at all.

I'm from Lisburn so about 15/20 mins from Queens
Reply 86
Interview on tuesday ......emotions are definitely mixed lol
Reply 87
mine is on wedneday...haven't really had a chance to think about it until now! yikes!
Reply 88
Mine is on Wednesday and I've been thinking about it loads over the weekend, I'm getting really nervous about it now. Anytime I walk anywhere I practise the answers in my head I must look like I'm talking to myself.
Good luck for tomorrow Jason, let us know how it all goes!
Reply 89
interview in less than an hour and nerves are definitely present lol.....and sadly never any spirits around when they'd be most appreciated......so-co n lime yumm
Reply 90
Ahh haha don't get drunk! Let us know how it goes, what they ask etc! :biggrin:
Reply 91
Well that wasn't too bad. I was interviewed by a woman and a man....who was a tad intimidating but sure...

Questionswere for adult nursing......typically the same as what other people have said with a few differences....

challenges to nursing in contemporary society.....attitude to academic study how do i understand academic study at university level (obv cos i am already doing a degree).......and why i wanna change to nursing

the one key question thats a bitch to answer is why nursing..........it's hard to explain lol

best of luck for those still to be interviewed!!

Now the long wait resumes
Reply 92
I know exactily what you mean about why nursing! Everyone knows why they wanna do but it's sooo hard to explain. Did they give you an idea when they'll be letting you know? Mine is tomorrow morning and I'm soooo nervous and still don't know what to wear
Reply 93
Well...not too sure how that went. I was quite nervous and it seemed to be over really quickly so I don't think i talked for long enough. Now it's just waiting but I'm kinda dreading the letter now
Reply 94
What did they ask you shonaAnne ?

What age is everyone here, i was definately the youngest in the waiting room!
Reply 95
They were all different ages most were around my ages. They asked all the usual ones like Why do you want to be a nurse? How do you think being a nurse will change you a person? etc. WHo was your interview with Amy, mine was with a man and a woman
Reply 96
My was with two woman. I cant wait to hear back!
Reply 97
mine was a man and a woman to!! seriously think i was tlking so much rubbish to them! is it June we hear?!
Reply 98
I'm 19......when i went for my interview there was like nobody there at all the place was empty and i was interviewed early because the person before me didn't arrive.

we hear in late may/early june i think .........dreading it yet weirdly looking forward to it lol
Reply 99
thats right in the middle of my exams lol....

what subjects is everyone doing ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending