The Student Room Group

The Manchester United Thread XXIII

Scroll to see replies

Why would Man United sack Ten Haag? Just going round in circles. To be fair to them they suffered a lot of injuries this year after a successful first year. He deserves another year to see how he does with the team.
Original post by Driving_Mad
Why would Man United sack Ten Haag? Just going round in circles. To be fair to them they suffered a lot of injuries this year after a successful first year. He deserves another year to see how he does with the team.

Because he's a below average manager?
Because he's blown a huge amount of money over 2 summers and hasn't improved the side?
Because he keeps falling out with players?
Because after more than 1.5 seasons, he still hasn't implemented any kind of style of play?
Original post by Zerforax
Because he's a below average manager?
Because he's blown a huge amount of money over 2 summers and hasn't improved the side?
Because he keeps falling out with players?
Because after more than 1.5 seasons, he still hasn't implemented any kind of style of play?

Look at the injuries we had this season...
Licha (our best CB) out for basically whole season
Shaw (one of best LB in league when fit) out for whole season
AWB (best 1V1 defender in league) out for large parts
Malacia (our only other LB) - I don't know where he is
They are just the defenders
Hojlund (our only striker) - out at beginning and before internationals
We have played 20 different defensive partnerships this season
Amrabat had to play LB as 4th choice because - Shaw, Malacia, Lindelof and AWB injured
With all that, he is still fighting (somewhat) for top4 and FA Cup trophy
Don't criticise ETH again
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by hh1209
Look at the injuries we had this season...
Licha (our best CB) out for basically whole season
Shaw (one of best LB in league when fit) out for whole season
AWB (best 1V1 defender in league) out for large parts
Malacia (our only other LB) - I don't know where he is
They are just the defenders
Hojlund (our only striker) - out at beginning and before internationals
We have played 20 different defensive partnerships this season
Amrabat had to play LB as 4th choice because - Shaw, Malacia, Lindelof and AWB injured
With all that, he is still fighting (somewhat) for top4 and FA Cup trophy
Don't criticise ETH again

ETH has spent over £400mil in two summers. He should have fixed those problems instead of making excuses.

Liverpool have had lots of injuries in defence too but they've made it work (Trent, Robertson, Alisson all missing quite a lot of games and Matip out for the season).

Can you call it fighting for top 4 when you're 6th and 11 points off 4th place Aston Villa?
@hh1209 thoughts on ETH after tonight's result? :rofl:
@hh1209 thoughts on ETH after tonight's result? :rofl:

Varane injured again, AWB picked up a knock again -
but it is still shocking that we have dropped the lead after 95+ mins for the second game in a row - 90+9 mins vs Brentford and 90+10,11 vs Chelsea. He needs to work on protecting leads and not giving opponents a million chances per game.
Surprising stat - since the 10th of March, only Spurs have won a game away from home in the PL out of all teams
Original post by hh1209
Varane injured again, AWB picked up a knock again -
but it is still shocking that we have dropped the lead after 95+ mins for the second game in a row - 90+9 mins vs Brentford and 90+10,11 vs Chelsea. He needs to work on protecting leads and not giving opponents a million chances per game.
Surprising stat - since the 10th of March, only Spurs have won a game away from home in the PL out of all teams

You can make excuses about injuries but no professional team can justify throwing away leads like that at the end of games.
@Mohammed_2000 @hh1209 you guy must be super proud of Man Utd's performance against Coventy yesterday :colondollar:
@Mohammed_2000 @hh1209 you guy must be super proud of Man Utd's performance against Coventy yesterday :colondollar:

First half we were brilliant but we switched off after the hour mark. Nevertheless no matter how we did it we advance and it’s football.

ngl ( I am not a deluded fan ) we switched off in 70 mins and deserved to lose - the first and second goals were lucky tho
This is a load of *******s.
He's not a below average manager as we saw from his time at Ajax and last year.

He's not blown the money, John Murtough blew the money by spending 80 mill on Antony and 60 mill on Casemiro when the Glazers were put under pressure towards the end of August last year. (That's why they were bought).

He fell out with Ronaldo who did a bloody interview with Piers Morgan and Jadon Sancho has been indisciplined at Man City and Dortmund as well. Ten Hag actually had the balls to do something about it.

How can he implement a style of play with 60+ injuries in a season? Come on get a grip and use your brain.

Yes there have been some questionable substitutions and the persistence with Rashford is weird and results have to be better but sacking the manager won't help.
Original post by sr123456789
He's not blown the money, John Murtough blew the money by spending 80 mill on Antony and 60 mill on Casemiro when the Glazers were put under pressure towards the end of August last year. (That's why they were bought).
He fell out with Ronaldo who did a bloody interview with Piers Morgan and Jadon Sancho has been indisciplined at Man City and Dortmund as well. Ten Hag actually had the balls to do something about it.
How can he implement a style of play with 60+ injuries in a season? Come on get a grip and use your brain.
Yes there have been some questionable substitutions and the persistence with Rashford is weird and results have to be better but sacking the manager won't help.

**Meant to be a reply to Zerofax
Original post by Mohammed_2000
First half we were brilliant but we switched off after the hour mark. Nevertheless no matter how we did it we advance and it’s football.

You gave up a 3-0 lead to a Championship side. Got lucky that VAR gave you a marginal offside which kept you in the tie and you still needed penalties to win the tie.

And you think you're going to beat Man City in the final..?
Original post by hh1209
ngl ( I am not a deluded fan ) we switched off in 70 mins and deserved to lose - the first and second goals were lucky tho

Sign of Man Utd these days.. constantly deserve to lose but somehow luck some jammy goal from somewhere.

How else can you be 7th in the league with a negative goal difference.

Until the recent blow up at Ajax, they have always been a well run club that brings through lots of talented youngsters and sell for good money.

Did Ten Hag do a good job there? Yes.
Was it all because of him? Hell no. The structure was there, the academy, the management etc. That all allowed Ten Hag to do a good job. Now that he doesn't have that around him at Man Utd, you can see his flaws.

ETH obviously was desperate to sign Antony which is why Man Utd paid so much money! He coached him for 2 years at Ajax. No idea what the deal with Casemiro was but from the outside everyone else knew it was going to be a fading star bought for too much money, on too big a salary. It was only going to end badly.

Ronaldo was always going to be a bad purchase and a bad fit. But ETH wanted him too. Sancho didnt really have big problems at other clubs. But a quality manager would either not buy the problem player (when you consider the fee and wages!) or work out how not to fall out with such a valuable player. He's trying to show he is an authoritarian but he's just showing his weakness.

How can you NOT implement a style of play after spending some £400mil+ over the last two summers! Dont buy injury prone players or fix your training which must be causing injury issues.
Sign of Man Utd these days.. constantly deserve to lose but somehow luck some jammy goal from somewhere.
How else can you be 7th in the league with a negative goal difference.

Why would you start a man united thread on bloody student room of all places and you're not even be a fan???
Go outside and touch some grass lad. Feel the sun on your skin or something you know what I mean.
You gave up a 3-0 lead to a Championship side. Got lucky that VAR gave you a marginal offside which kept you in the tie and you still needed penalties to win the tie.
And you think you're going to beat Man City in the final..?

I’m optimistic and hopeful and I’m proud of my club regardless. So what like bottling leads don’t happen in football it’s a unpredictable game.
Why would you start a man united thread on bloody student room of all places and you're not even be a fan???
Go outside and touch some grass lad. Feel the sun on your skin or something you know what I mean.

Some lousy Liverpool fan talking ignore him probably crying over how his team bottled a Quadruple and we are the ones that started their downfall.

The Man Utd thread used to be the most active/popular on the football forum. But after SAF retired and the glory days dried up, all the Man Utd fans slowly disappeared over time. So I created the thread for Man Utd fans to post whenever they come out of the woodwork.

It's still raining so I'll stay indoors for now :tongue:
Original post by Mohammed_2000
I’m optimistic and hopeful and I’m proud of my club regardless. So what like bottling leads don’t happen in football it’s a unpredictable game.

Must be real unpredictable and hard against a mid-table Championship side..

I think hope is the only thing you have against Man City. They will probably have wrapped up the league by then.

Quick Reply

Latest