The Student Room Group

Commercial Photography at Plymouth College of Art

I'm going to be applying for university later this year for 2022, and am planning on applying for Plymouth to study Photography. I'm going to be taking part in one of the open days later in the year, however I wanted to see how students at the uni have found it there while on the course :smile:
Original post by jd042
I'm going to be applying for university later this year for 2022, and am planning on applying for Plymouth to study Photography. I'm going to be taking part in one of the open days later in the year, however I wanted to see how students at the uni have found it there while on the course :smile:

Hey there!

I can speak partly upon this, as I studied at Plymouth College of Art for my undergraduate degree in BA (Hons) Photography, and currently study there for my masters in photography. From my perspective, it was a liberating experience where we were encouraged to experiment and find our own creative voice through experimentation, contextual and theoretical study. Of course, commercial is aimed more towards industry practice including editorial and advertising photography such as portraits and commercial brand work. The commercial course has always been a fantastic course, with many happy students and a fantastic course leader with consistently amazing feedback. There is still plenty of experimentation within the commercial course, with the aim to not be as cookie-cutter as a lot of commercial practice, as you're still encouraged to experiment with photographic techniques.

I hope this clears up any queries you have, and we shall look forward to seeing you at an Open Day!

All the best,

Ray Goodwin
Student Ambassador
MA Photography Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending