The Student Room Group

Textile idk?

yall im struggling what to do rn. i did textile in college and idk what i can do with that. i did a month at uni at preston textile course and dropped out. took a gap year and im struggling rn help me plz someone
Original post by cherry127
yall im struggling what to do rn. i did textile in college and idk what i can do with that. i did a month at uni at preston textile course and dropped out. took a gap year and im struggling rn help me plz someone

Hello!

I did Textiles at University and did multiple different things with it. I was a textiles artist and sold in galleries for a while and also set up a surface pattern design company where I manufactured textile products like cushions and scarves etc.

Textiles has lots of commercial applications in lots of different industries, but it depends if you are really passionate about the subject, or if you are not entirely sure, you could always try a Foundation year or an Extended BA year - both of which give you the opportunity to explore the full spectrum of creative programmes and find what you're truly passionate about.

If however, you are unsure that a degree is a good fit for you at all, why not explore some internships first, to see if you can find what clicks for you?

- Jenny, a rep from Arts University Plymouth.

Quick Reply

Latest