The Student Room Group

UK Undergraduate application for UK Postgraduate

Hi guys how you doing? Well, I'm a fresher at QMUL in September of 2020, failed in one of my modules for some reason(just about to resit the exam this August), got both marks over 70% for the other two modules. The only thing I know is my year one counts for 10% overall and I wonder to what extent my failed module in year one affects my future application in the UK? Thank you, guys.
Original post by zw002
Hi guys how you doing? Well, I'm a fresher at QMUL in September of 2020, failed in one of my modules for some reason(just about to resit the exam this August), got both marks over 70% for the other two modules. The only thing I know is my year one counts for 10% overall and I wonder to what extent my failed module in year one affects my future application in the UK? Thank you, guys.

A single wobbly grade is unlikely to make much difference to a postgrad application.
In my opinion I don't think it will really make a difference given how small the weighting is for first year in terms of your overall degree classification. I don't know how many modules you take or the respective credits but given that you have high marks for your other two modules I wouldn't worry. I'm in third and final year and have applied and got offers for postgraduate study and whilst in my case, my first year marks didn't count anyway towards my final degree classification I think, in general, there is more attention paid to your second and third year marks. So I don't don't it's worth worrying about at all and I'd just say do what you can to revise for the resit but don't worry about it in terms of postgraduate study, that's quite a long way off anyway so it's best to just focus on the present moment I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending