The Student Room Group

I'm not an international student

I have lived in the UK for over 5 years and when I applied to Uni I was in a Pre settled status, back in March I completed my application on the immigration scheme so that I could get a settled status and continue my studies. My application came back successful and it stated that I am in a settled status. Two of the universities i applied to have sent me several emails saying they considered me an international student regardless and what should I do about this should i let them know that I am resident now so they can change my offer? As it includes in the offer requirements that are only requirements for international students but I'm not an international student. Also do Universities assume your status from your application because it doesn't seem fair it was very stressful time to know I might have to go through a somewhat different procedure.
Original post by Hannah055
I have lived in the UK for over 5 years and when I applied to Uni I was in a Pre settled status, back in March I completed my application on the immigration scheme so that I could get a settled status and continue my studies. My application came back successful and it stated that I am in a settled status. Two of the universities i applied to have sent me several emails saying they considered me an international student regardless and what should I do about this should i let them know that I am resident now so they can change my offer? As it includes in the offer requirements that are only requirements for international students but I'm not an international student. Also do Universities assume your status from your application because it doesn't seem fair it was very stressful time to know I might have to go through a somewhat different procedure.
Make it clear to the universities that you are not an international student as you now have settled status in the UK. "Home" students have different fees to international students and have access to loans, so it is imperative that you make sure you're paying the right money to the right people.
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Make it clear to the universities that you are not an international student as you now have settled status in the UK. "Home" students have different fees to international students and have access to loans, so it is imperative that you make sure you're paying the right money to the right people.

Thanks! there's a code I can share with the university that will prove my status.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending