The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Dance

I am currently taking GCSE Dance (the exam board is AQA.) I have my mock exams coming up next week and the week after which is going to be a really stressful time for me. My mock exam for Dance is going to be on Wednesday but I am really struggling with how to revise for Dance.

What sort of questions might come up in the mock (year 10) so I know how to prepare? I already know that there will be some questions about the professional works that we have learnt about and maybe also some general knowledge questions.

These are the professional works that I have learnt about: Emancipation of Expressionism, A Linha Curva, Shadows and Within Her Eyes.
anyone got any predictions GCSE dance aqua 2023?
Hello @RainbowShine123

I'm a BA Dance student at the University of Lincoln. I took Dance also for GCSE so I will try my best to offer some guidance as to how to prepare for your assessments. As far as how to prepare for your mock, I suggest using Quizlet as there are loads of free revision tools already made by other students that you can use - all you have to type in is e.g. 'Within her eyes GCSE dance'. I found this a beneficial tool for creating my own mind maps and on-the-go revision. I also suggest that you get really familiar with the videos of the set works as the more you can visualise the performance in your head on the exam day, the better you will be able to focus your answer against the question. On top of this, make sure for any information you write down or notice within the performances, you must be able to LINK THIS TO THE QUESTION. For example, you may notice how in 'Within her eyes' the environment they perform in changes in daylight as the piece continues. However, it is not enough to just state this alone, you must link it back to the question asked eg In Within her eyes, the setting the dancers perform in changes from daytime to dusk as the piece continues, therefore highlighting the choreographic intention of XYZ. Aside from the compulsory set works, you may also be set some questions looking at technique vocabulary and what a dancer might need to perform a movement eg What physical attributions must a dancer have in order to perform an arabesque effectively? (balance, coordination, alignment etc)
Within your exam, there will also be a section based on your own choreography or a stimulus will be presented in which you must write about how you would choreograph a dance against
I cannot also emphasise enough the importance of past papers - find some AQA GCSE dance papers online and print some off. You don't have to complete a paper all in one go but just practice 1 or 2 questions at a time and use the mark scheme to check your answers. This will not only give you an idea of the sorts of questions you can expect in the real exam but it allows you to practice under time constraints and gain an idea of the writing style

I hope this helps and good luck :smile:
Abigail
Original post by RainbowShine123
I am currently taking GCSE Dance (the exam board is AQA.) I have my mock exams coming up next week and the week after which is going to be a really stressful time for me. My mock exam for Dance is going to be on Wednesday but I am really struggling with how to revise for Dance.

What sort of questions might come up in the mock (year 10) so I know how to prepare? I already know that there will be some questions about the professional works that we have learnt about and maybe also some general knowledge questions.

These are the professional works that I have learnt about: Emancipation of Expressionism, A Linha Curva, Shadows and Within Her Eyes.

Quick Reply

Latest