The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex accommodation

I'm currently comparing accommodation and unsure mainly between lewes court and brighthelm. Just difficult to decide with no up to date pics of them. Also, I'm unsure if brighthelm still has washing machine included. If anyone who has lived in either or knows about them, a reply would be great
Original post by jl800
I'm currently comparing accommodation and unsure mainly between lewes court and brighthelm. Just difficult to decide with no up to date pics of them. Also, I'm unsure if brighthelm still has washing machine included. If anyone who has lived in either or knows about them, a reply would be great

Hello @jl800,

I can confirm that the Brighthelm accommodation does include a dryer and a washing machine.

Brighthelm consists of more house-like living space with bedrooms spread over three floors and each house having a patio area that you may find more homely and easier to settle into. Each house has five single bedrooms and you will be sharing two bathrooms with 4 flatmates. Each bedroom will have its own washbasin.

Unfortunately, I haven't lived on-campus myself but from my experience staying over at Norwich House and helping out laundry, doing laundry was quite a long process so I can definitely see having a washing machine and a dryer as being a big bonus.

In the non-ensuite Lewes Court (Phase 1), each bedroom will have a washbasin and you will be sharing two bathrooms and a shared kitchen/living area with 5 flatmates. Lewes Court ensuite (Phase 2) bedrooms contain their own en-suite bathroom.

I would recommend searching for and watching Youtube Room Tours of the different accommodation options at Sussex to get a better idea of what to expect. Here is a link for the non-ensuite Lewes Court Room Show: Lewes Court non-ensuite.

For more information about the on-campus accommodation offered in Sussex, please have a look at our Housing Guide.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Kind Regards,
Erica (3rd Year Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence student)
(edited 2 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending