The Student Room Group

SAAS Application Mistake

Made a stupid mistake when applying for my saas and applied for a loan but not for my tuition fees to be paid (I'm from Scotland so should be able to get them paid off). I just submitted an inquiry about it through their website but am super stressed about it since it says they may not reply for 28 days and it's recommended to complete your application by June 30th. Can't tell if I should phone them tomorrow or wait it out, just wanna get it fixed asap, any advice?
Original post by ashleygarrettt
Made a stupid mistake when applying for my saas and applied for a loan but not for my tuition fees to be paid (I'm from Scotland so should be able to get them paid off). I just submitted an inquiry about it through their website but am super stressed about it since it says they may not reply for 28 days and it's recommended to complete your application by June 30th. Can't tell if I should phone them tomorrow or wait it out, just wanna get it fixed asap, any advice?

Hi

Just phone SAAS tomorrow ( Monday ) and get things sorted out as they are best people to do this for you.
By phoning you can explain what you did with mistake and ask how to rectify this asap.
Don't wait for the 30 days to lapse as you want it sorted out sooner than later ok.
Original post by ashleygarrettt

Hey @ashleygarrettt :smile: How did you get on with this today? Like @Allyson2020 says- I'd reach out to them by phone or maybe by using their Live Chat function if they're online? You can do this on the Contact Us section on their website here: https://www.saas.gov.uk/contact-us

Don't panic, though! You've still got plenty of time to sort this out. This is why applying for your student funding early is always a really good idea- means everything is in place properly in plenty of time ahead of starting your degree.

Hope you get it sorted!

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 3
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey @ashleygarrettt :smile: How did you get on with this today? Like @Allyson2020 says- I'd reach out to them by phone or maybe by using their Live Chat function if they're online? You can do this on the Contact Us section on their website here: https://www.saas.gov.uk/contact-us

Don't panic, though! You've still got plenty of time to sort this out. This is why applying for your student funding early is always a really good idea- means everything is in place properly in plenty of time ahead of starting your degree.

Hope you get it sorted!

I did the same thing. Just realised I had chosen no for tuition fees. I am super panicking just now. I sent an inquiry but reading the above comments, i wll call them on Monday to sort this out. Gosh, I feel so stupid just now.
Reply 4
Hi, can I please ask if you all managed to get this sorted when it happened to you?...we've just realised that we've done exactly the same thing and I am panicked beyond belief

Original post by University of Strathclyde

Hope you get it sorted!

Hi All, Can I please ask if you managed to get this sorted?.we've just noticed that we also did this , ticked No for the tuition fee application as we stupidly assumed being born here in Scotland meant that we didn't need to and applied for loan only..only noticed today when registering my daughter with all her Uni ID..I am ill with worry now..any help appreciated..thank you 👍🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending