The Student Room Group

My School Banned Me From My Own Prom, who wants to help me fight back?

Hi guys I am a 16 year old boy who gets bullied at school, yes I’m one of the guys who eats alone at lunch etc, laugh all you want, I don’t care.

I have been the victim of bullying for about two years now and it’s really upset me, I’ve been psychologically emotionally and mentally abused. I have tried to complain to my school but it fell on practically deaf ears. I made numerous formal complaints yet this only made the school more angry and abusive.

Recently this one girl has been psychologically impacting me by bullying me and making up false accusations against me. She got the rumours going around the whole school which were proven by myself to be fake. She even admitted it herself she lied just because she wanted to see me get hurt etc. I lost many friends because of her and my reputation got damaged quite severely.

Yet the school ignored my cries for help, and my pleas to intervene and stop the bullying.

When I wrote a formal complaint the headmistress tried to tell me off, for writing too harshly because I called the school “wicked” for not helping me.

Now fast forward about 7 months. We had a school end of year prom and they decided to ban me from going because I made a formal complaint against the school for the hurt they caused me by letting me get bullied. I even bought a suit and was really excited for the occasion. I cried so much when I got told I would be banned. I have my suspicions that for some messed up reason that girl and a controversial teacher at the school have come up with a plan to ban me from the prom and leavers week. I also fear that they have much worse in stock for me, like at points I’ve literally feared for my life as I was scared if I spoke up, that girl might plan to have me stabbed etc (she knows rough people).

So far I’ve lost friends, my mental health is declining, I have anxiety etc brought on by this whole situation. I fear when I walk outside my house that this girl is going to plan for me to get beat up etc.

The school banned me from my own prom with little explanation despite my mums pleas for them not to. While they let this girl who bullied me go, and the school have even praised her for being horrible to me. I mean the headmistress told me she wouldn’t punish this girl because she was well liked. Another teacher told me “I was damaged and needed help” when I complained to her about what was going on.

It’s a nightmare in reality and I feel betrayed, humiliated and hurt by those who were supposed to protect me and I feel bullied and intimidated by this girl.

If anyone has been in a similar situation or knows how to fight back (obviously in a peaceful way) without causing any further problems, please let me know. I’m also scared that if I mention this case the school might try and do me for defamation against them. Please help me guys.

Scroll to see replies

I know your pain getting bullied and having every one treat you like trash is horrible my advice would be join younglife or other church groups they help me feel uncomfortable and happy about myself
i dont understand, why did the teachers hate you so much?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I know your pain getting bullied and having every one treat you like trash is horrible my advice would be join younglife or other church groups they help me feel uncomfortable and happy about myself

I’m a Christian as well so I get that bro thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mspaghetti
i dont understand, why did the teachers hate you so much?

They hated me because I made a formal complaint about them, they also hate me because I am a Christian with very interesting opinions and they want the school to be some place where no one is allowed to have an opinion
Original post by lucab0112
They hated me because I made a formal complaint about them, they also hate me because I am a Christian with very interesting opinions and they want the school to be some place where no one is allowed to have an opinion

opinions like what?
Reply 6
opinions like what?

Like Christian conservative opinions.
Like Christian conservative opinions.

uh im struggling to understand why an adult wouldn't have the mental capacity to accept a child's (as in under 18 since you were finishing secondary school) religious beliefs

i guess I'm just the wrong person to talk to about this, sorry for wasting your time
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
uh im struggling to understand why an adult wouldn't have the mental capacity to accept a child's (as in under 18 since you were finishing secondary school) religious beliefs

i guess I'm just the wrong person to talk to about this, sorry for wasting your time

No worries my guy
The thing is you see, if the school admitted that you were bullied and sided with you, this would tarnish their reputation which would mean less students would want to go there which means that the school would have to close eventually (due to lack of students).

Also that girl's parents might be rich and/or powerful so your school does not want to offend them. So they decided to not side with you.

This is harsh but true; just adults playing their politics game. I would advise you to consult a lawyer and see what charges you can press (if at all possible).
1) Why do you want to go to prom if you say you have no friends and get bullied??

2) If you still want to go just turn up and force your way in. Once you're in the venue doubt teachers are going to want to cause a scene by dragging you out.
they also hate me because I am a Christian with very interesting opinions and they want the school to be some place where no one is allowed to have an opinion

Ah, there we are. There's a lot more going on here apparently.

TSR is predominently a UK student site. Proms are not common here, so it is unlikey anyone will have much experience in the reasons a school might feel the need to prevent you from attending.
This is not the first time I have heard of schools doing nothing to combat bullying. It's disgusting.
Original post by Admit-One
TSR is predominently a UK student site. Proms are not common here, so it is unlikey anyone will have much experience in the reasons a school might feel the need to prevent you from attending.

really? I thought it was an Americanism the UK had largely adopted :tongue: The sort of leavers party event. I didn't have one for year 11 due to covid but my sixth form does it too
Reply 14
https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-school

I found this online, I hope it's useful. (I think just go to the state school section, assuming you go to one?)
Original post by Admit-One
Ah, there we are. There's a lot more going on here apparently.

I thought every school in the UK hold proms
for year 11 and 13 leavers?
Hi guys I am a 16 year old boy who gets bullied at school, yes I’m one of the guys who eats alone at lunch etc, laugh all you want, I don’t care.

I have been the victim of bullying for about two years now and it’s really upset me, I’ve been psychologically emotionally and mentally abused. I have tried to complain to my school but it fell on practically deaf ears. I made numerous formal complaints yet this only made the school more angry and abusive.

Recently this one girl has been psychologically impacting me by bullying me and making up false accusations against me. She got the rumours going around the whole school which were proven by myself to be fake. She even admitted it herself she lied just because she wanted to see me get hurt etc. I lost many friends because of her and my reputation got damaged quite severely.

Yet the school ignored my cries for help, and my pleas to intervene and stop the bullying.

When I wrote a formal complaint the headmistress tried to tell me off, for writing too harshly because I called the school “wicked” for not helping me.

Now fast forward about 7 months. We had a school end of year prom and they decided to ban me from going because I made a formal complaint against the school for the hurt they caused me by letting me get bullied. I even bought a suit and was really excited for the occasion. I cried so much when I got told I would be banned. I have my suspicions that for some messed up reason that girl and a controversial teacher at the school have come up with a plan to ban me from the prom and leavers week. I also fear that they have much worse in stock for me, like at points I’ve literally feared for my life as I was scared if I spoke up, that girl might plan to have me stabbed etc (she knows rough people).

So far I’ve lost friends, my mental health is declining, I have anxiety etc brought on by this whole situation. I fear when I walk outside my house that this girl is going to plan for me to get beat up etc.

The school banned me from my own prom with little explanation despite my mums pleas for them not to. While they let this girl who bullied me go, and the school have even praised her for being horrible to me. I mean the headmistress told me she wouldn’t punish this girl because she was well liked. Another teacher told me “I was damaged and needed help” when I complained to her about what was going on.

It’s a nightmare in reality and I feel betrayed, humiliated and hurt by those who were supposed to protect me and I feel bullied and intimidated by this girl.

If anyone has been in a similar situation or knows how to fight back (obviously in a peaceful way) without causing any further problems, please let me know. I’m also scared that if I mention this case the school might try and do me for defamation against them. Please help me guys.

You hate the school, have beef with the teachers, no friends, bullied by most, and have anxiety that one student in particular will attack you whenever you leave the house.

Not going to what will unquestionably be a bloody awful 'party' (because they all are, without question), seems like the best option.

Why do you want to go?
Original post by username54
I thought every school in the UK hold proms
for year 11 and 13 leavers?

Original post by Obolinda
really? I thought it was an Americanism the UK had largely adopted :tongue: The sort of leavers party event. I didn't have one for year 11 due to covid but my sixth form does it too

Did a quick bit of googling and found a 2019 estimate from the British Council that 85% of schools now have proms. That still feels a little high but I am sure many people out of school for 10yrs or more would be suprised by the speed of the take-up of them, so I am happy to correct myself there.

However, I would repeat that there is likely to be little/no expertise on TSR relating to disciplinary matters which led to someone being excluded from one. I imagine there may be only a handful of such cases in the UK each year. It's really up to the OP and their parents to raise their concerns with the school in a respectful manner.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Your best bet would be the Daily Mail. They love this sort of story. That said, I would have to agree with @Drewski. Why do you want to go to this prom? It sounds like you won't actually enjoy it. If you aren't one of the popular kids, they are pretty boring. I can't really remember mine so it can't have been all that exciting. I do vaguely remember getting a tux, so that part was obviously more memorable than the prom. You've already done the best bit!
(edited 2 years ago)
they also hate me because I am a Christian with very interesting opinions and they want the school to be some place where no one is allowed to have an opinion

So you are a bigot? No wonder you were banned :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending