The Student Room Group

My School Banned Me From My Own Prom, who wants to help me fight back?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DiddyDec
So you are a bigot? No wonder you were banned :h:

How is having a religion being a bigot may I ask?
Original post by dylgeo
How is having a religion being a bigot may I ask?

Conservative Christians are pretty much always homophobic at the very least.
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
The thing is you see, if the school admitted that you were bullied and sided with you, this would tarnish their reputation which would mean less students would want to go there which means that the school would have to close eventually (due to lack of students).

Also that girl's parents might be rich and/or powerful so your school does not want to offend them. So they decided to not side with you.

This is harsh but true; just adults playing their politics game. I would advise you to consult a lawyer and see what charges you can press (if at all possible).

Yes I agree I’ve always maintained the fact that if they concede and admit fault their reputation would go down, so out of pride and honour they’ve denied all wrong doing. This is interesting as the girls family aren’t powerful at all. Socially we would have more power than them. There just a normal average family.
Reply 23
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
1) Why do you want to go to prom if you say you have no friends and get bullied??

2) If you still want to go just turn up and force your way in. Once you're in the venue doubt teachers are going to want to cause a scene by dragging you out.

It’s not like I’ve got no friends, I’ve still got a few, but the prom is finished now and it’s about getting justice now
Original post by lucab0112
This is interesting as the girls family aren’t powerful at all. Socially we would have more power than them. There just a normal average family.

the prom is finished now and it’s about getting justice now

The combination of these posts makes you sound incredibly petty and judgemental.
Reply 25
Original post by DiddyDec
So you are a bigot? No wonder you were banned :h:

Are you persecuting me because I am a Christian? Where did you get the word bigot from?
Reply 26
It sure is my friend. They just care about their own reputation rather than the care of children.
Are you persecuting me because I am a Christian? Where did you get the word bigot from?

I got that word from the dictionary, you should use it to look up "persecute".
Reply 28
Original post by Drewski
The combination of these posts makes you sound incredibly petty and judgemental.

No I’m just saying that to say that it isn’t like the family is rich or powerful their just an average English family, and to say how it doesn’t matter on who the family is but rather the schools actions. And what is wrong on getting justice?

He asked a question. Rather than getting all defensive which implies a certain answer... You could just say no...?

Or, explain what you meant by "I am a Christian with very interesting opinions".
Whilst the ban may be inconsistent or unjust, why do you want to go to such as awful event as a prom to begin with? An event in itself which certainly in the US causes more teen pregnancies and immorality than most.
Reply 31
Your not wasting my time :smile:
No I’m just saying that to say that it isn’t like the family is rich or powerful their just an average English family, and to say how it doesn’t matter on who the family is but rather the schools actions. And what is wrong on getting justice?

"Socially we have more power than them".

That's just pathetic.
Reply 33
Point taken, ok no I’m not a bigot
Reply 34
It’s about the principal of justice though, if having all the people who bullied you go but not yourself
Point taken, ok no I’m not a bigot

So what makes your opinions so interesting?
Reply 36
I go to a private school yes I will try and complain about the school using the link. I’ve already done it for separate incidents at the school. However when I do so the school turns around and says sorry we can’t help you because you just complained about us etc
Reply 37
Like I don’t believe in evolution etc
Original post by username54
I thought every school in the UK hold proms
for year 11 and 13 leavers?

It's still relatively uncommon and is a weird American adaption that we really had no business adopting. In the US it is often the lst chance they will ever see each other as they could be going to college 1000s of miles away, the reality in the UK is people often end up settling nearby or at least will still have extensive family or friendship connections to the area around the school.
Like I don’t believe in evolution etc

So, YEC? Anything else?

And what happens when subjects that don't follow your beliefs are taught at your school?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending