The Student Room Group

My School Banned Me From My Own Prom, who wants to help me fight back?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucab0112
Like I don’t believe in evolution etc

Right.... ANd you can't see why voicing that opinion in a school might be an issue?
If you want an alternative course, you can have your religious community hold a similar party just for you.
Reply 42
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Right.... ANd you can't see why voicing that opinion in a school might be an issue?

I’ve still got a right to an opinion, and just because someone thinks differently doesn’t mean they should be bullied or excluded or banned from their own prom!
Reply 43
Original post by SlaveofAll
If you want an alternative course, you can have your religious community hold a similar party just for you.

I haven’t really got one but thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Drewski
"Socially we have more power than them".

That's just pathetic.

That’s not what I meant and this is also a girl who has spread false accusations and has been actively psychologically abusing me constantly, are you really going to pick up on some guys wording?
I haven’t really got one but thanks anyway :smile:

I mean, you can ask your church to organize a prom-like party for you and other students banned from the prom.
Reply 46
Original post by Drewski
So, YEC? Anything else?

And what happens when subjects that don't follow your beliefs are taught at your school?

I still am respectful, the teachers teaching those subjects are aware and don’t force me to do anything I don’t want to do. However it is the head teachers which hate me because of it.
I still am respectful, the teachers teaching those subjects are aware and don’t force me to do anything I don’t want to do. However it is the head teachers which hate me because of it.

You'll do better to let them be absorbed in their own arrogance, for the sake of propriety and prudence.
That’s not what I meant and this is also a girl who has spread false accusations and has been actively psychologically abusing me constantly, are you really going to pick up on some guys wording?

This whole thread is your wording, we've literally got nothing else to go on.
what country is this
Hi guys I am a 16 year old boy who gets bullied at school, yes I’m one of the guys who eats alone at lunch etc, laugh all you want, I don’t care.

I have been the victim of bullying for about two years now and it’s really upset me, I’ve been psychologically emotionally and mentally abused. I have tried to complain to my school but it fell on practically deaf ears. I made numerous formal complaints yet this only made the school more angry and abusive.

Recently this one girl has been psychologically impacting me by bullying me and making up false accusations against me. She got the rumours going around the whole school which were proven by myself to be fake. She even admitted it herself she lied just because she wanted to see me get hurt etc. I lost many friends because of her and my reputation got damaged quite severely.

Yet the school ignored my cries for help, and my pleas to intervene and stop the bullying.

When I wrote a formal complaint the headmistress tried to tell me off, for writing too harshly because I called the school “wicked” for not helping me.

Now fast forward about 7 months. We had a school end of year prom and they decided to ban me from going because I made a formal complaint against the school for the hurt they caused me by letting me get bullied. I even bought a suit and was really excited for the occasion. I cried so much when I got told I would be banned. I have my suspicions that for some messed up reason that girl and a controversial teacher at the school have come up with a plan to ban me from the prom and leavers week. I also fear that they have much worse in stock for me, like at points I’ve literally feared for my life as I was scared if I spoke up, that girl might plan to have me stabbed etc (she knows rough people).

So far I’ve lost friends, my mental health is declining, I have anxiety etc brought on by this whole situation. I fear when I walk outside my house that this girl is going to plan for me to get beat up etc.

The school banned me from my own prom with little explanation despite my mums pleas for them not to. While they let this girl who bullied me go, and the school have even praised her for being horrible to me. I mean the headmistress told me she wouldn’t punish this girl because she was well liked. Another teacher told me “I was damaged and needed help” when I complained to her about what was going on.

It’s a nightmare in reality and I feel betrayed, humiliated and hurt by those who were supposed to protect me and I feel bullied and intimidated by this girl.

If anyone has been in a similar situation or knows how to fight back (obviously in a peaceful way) without causing any further problems, please let me know. I’m also scared that if I mention this case the school might try and do me for defamation against them. Please help me guys.

Wow that sucks I really can't help apart from offer my sympathy I would however recommend going to collage instead of your schools sixth form nobody will really know you you'll be able to make friends they will also treat you more like an adult taking complaints more seriously and will not stand for bullying or take sides like it seems your current school does.

I'm really sorry your going through this and you may just have to suck it up just know things do get better and people seem to grow up a lot in that summer between school and collage.
Reply 51
Original post by jonathanemptage
Wow that sucks I really can't help apart from offer my sympathy I would however recommend going to collage instead of your schools sixth form nobody will really know you you'll be able to make friends they will also treat you more like an adult taking complaints more seriously and will not stand for bullying or take sides like it seems your current school does.

I'm really sorry your going through this and you may just have to suck it up just know things do get better and people seem to grow up a lot in that summer between school and collage.

Yh I’m planning on moving to a college near by, which has an amazing reputation throughout my county in the south of England. I hope so, I really just want to make new friends and be happy :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by yeetouttawindow
what country is this

England
Reply 53
Original post by SlaveofAll
You'll do better to let them be absorbed in their own arrogance, for the sake of propriety and prudence.

What do you mean?
Reply 54
Original post by Admit-One
Did a quick bit of googling and found a 2019 estimate from the British Council that 85% of schools now have proms. That still feels a little high but I am sure many people out of school for 10yrs or more would be suprised by the speed of the take-up of them, so I am happy to correct myself there.

However, I would repeat that there is likely to be little/no expertise on TSR relating to disciplinary matters which led to someone being excluded from one. I imagine there may be only a handful of such cases in the UK each year. It's really up to the OP and their parents to raise their concerns with the school in a respectful manner.

It was traditionally an American thing but british schools seemed to have adopted it now..

I remember in year 11 my school had a prom and year 11 was a LONG time ago lol...
Reply 55
Original post by ANM775
It was traditionally an American thing but british schools seemed to have adopted it now..

I remember in year 11 my school had a prom and year 11 was a LONG time ago lol...

tbh I remember having Prom like things in primary school!
England

In that case you should complain to the board of Governors - they are the route for complaints about teaching staff or bullying if the Head has not been supportive.
Attacking a teacher's car is absolutely not the way to behave and that would result in expulsion, whatever the provocation.
Original post by DiddyDec
So you are a bigot? No wonder you were banned :h:

That's what I was thinking. I'm unconvinced OP was banned for the reasons he's trying to portray himself as having been banned for.
It seems like you may be forceful in the way you voice your unpopular opinions.
Reply 59
If you want widespread attention on this issue you could take it to twitter but honestly I feel like that would be too much in your case especially considering how nasty your peers are... The thing about secondary school is I feel like the teachers get tired of their job and stop fulfilling their roles as teachers by supporting us away from education (like our mental health) and just reach a point where they stop taking serious issues seriously unless they're getting backlash from parents, newspapers, social media etc. Even though you've been banned, spend the day doing something you love or going out instead... you don't need to be around those people
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending