The Student Room Group

My School Banned Me From My Own Prom, who wants to help me fight back?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucab0112
Hi guys I am a 16 year old boy who gets bullied at school, yes I’m one of the guys who eats alone at lunch etc, laugh all you want, I don’t care.

I have been the victim of bullying for about two years now and it’s really upset me, I’ve been psychologically emotionally and mentally abused. I have tried to complain to my school but it fell on practically deaf ears. I made numerous formal complaints yet this only made the school more angry and abusive.

Recently this one girl has been psychologically impacting me by bullying me and making up false accusations against me. She got the rumours going around the whole school which were proven by myself to be fake. She even admitted it herself she lied just because she wanted to see me get hurt etc. I lost many friends because of her and my reputation got damaged quite severely.

Yet the school ignored my cries for help, and my pleas to intervene and stop the bullying.

When I wrote a formal complaint the headmistress tried to tell me off, for writing too harshly because I called the school “wicked” for not helping me.

Now fast forward about 7 months. We had a school end of year prom and they decided to ban me from going because I made a formal complaint against the school for the hurt they caused me by letting me get bullied. I even bought a suit and was really excited for the occasion. I cried so much when I got told I would be banned. I have my suspicions that for some messed up reason that girl and a controversial teacher at the school have come up with a plan to ban me from the prom and leavers week. I also fear that they have much worse in stock for me, like at points I’ve literally feared for my life as I was scared if I spoke up, that girl might plan to have me stabbed etc (she knows rough people).

So far I’ve lost friends, my mental health is declining, I have anxiety etc brought on by this whole situation. I fear when I walk outside my house that this girl is going to plan for me to get beat up etc.

The school banned me from my own prom with little explanation despite my mums pleas for them not to. While they let this girl who bullied me go, and the school have even praised her for being horrible to me. I mean the headmistress told me she wouldn’t punish this girl because she was well liked. Another teacher told me “I was damaged and needed help” when I complained to her about what was going on.

It’s a nightmare in reality and I feel betrayed, humiliated and hurt by those who were supposed to protect me and I feel bullied and intimidated by this girl.

If anyone has been in a similar situation or knows how to fight back (obviously in a peaceful way) without causing any further problems, please let me know. I’m also scared that if I mention this case the school might try and do me for defamation against them. Please help me guys.

I've known someone who spread rumors about me. About me, I think of myself as an overachiever and workaholic, when I get a low score, I used to be sad about it, and when someone else got higher than me, I wouldn't be too happy. Basically, he confronted me about that and decided to spread rumors about me, making me upset as he got 90% of my class to go against me. Though everyone regretted that, I wasn't happy as that showed how two-faced people could be.

Because I don't like going to my head of house (My school is Catholic), I decided instead to take it into my own hands, 'Fighting fire with fire. I decided to cut any connections to him off as much as possible, like blocking him on both my IG accounts and ignoring him as much as possible. He often annoys me by trying to aggravate me, e.g, trying to take my things and making it look like he will do it again. He also cheats a lot, like using his phone, and correcting his answers when marking a test, then marking that correct to give himself a higher mark, I did confront him about that one time but attempted to gaslight, something I also hate.

Anyways, with the whole 'school being a**hole regarding bullying', I agree that the school's response is wrong. Maybe try moving to another school with better ratings? Sad to hear things like that happen as schools are supposed to be considered a place where you can be safe and learn without any concerns!
Ask your parents to get you a lawyer. You'll be amazed how quickly the school will react.
And, yes, it is a matter for the law if the school systematically ignores your reasonable requests for protection.
We can’t give balanced advice here, as we’ve only heard one side of the story.

Personally, in your apparent situation OP, I’d be glad not to go to the Prom and to get on with my own life.
(edited 2 years ago)
Report your school to Ofsted. Don't forget about Childline, it's here for you so use it and abuse it.
What grade are you in? If it’s too painful, change schools and get a fresh new start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending