The Student Room Group
Did he directly say that to you? That does sound like it was said with malicious and racist intent
Reply 2
Original post by lol.yolo
Did he directly say that to you? That does sound like it was said with malicious and racist intent

I was the only one around so I assume so. but he was looking straight ahead so I dont know.
it seemed like he was saying it to himself to be honest but he said it right when I walked past him.
It could be racism.
It depends on his motivation for saying it.
Reply 4
Without context it is impossible to say. He could have been thinking about immigrants, he could have been thinking about sprawling cities and a controlling government.
No one can say it and you shouldn’t jump into conclusions. You have no idea what that man meant. Let’s not call people out on racism if we don’t even know what they are talking about. Just stirring up unnecessary problems.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
No one can say it and you shouldn’t jump into conclusions. You have no idea what that man meant. Let’s not call people out on racism if we don’t even know what they are talking about. Just stirring up unnecessary problems.

I didn't mean to cause any problem I just wanted to know if I was overthinking it, which I guess I have.

I will assume what he said wasn't racist

thank you everyone for your responses
No point asking on this website. Most people here will defend racist comments when someone they know makes one and try to justify it. I have first-hand experience of this.

To answer your question, it depends on the context of what was said, so it's impossible to make a valid judgement.
Are you non-white?
If the individual did not make any mention of race or use any slurs, it is difficult to assume racial hatred without any context to the comments.
He may have been grumbling about his perception of pandemic restrictions in England or making criticisms of the recent history/policies of the current Conservative government.
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Are you non-white?

yes I am not white

Original post by londonmyst
If the individual did not make any mention of race or use any slurs, it is difficult to assume racial hatred without any context to the comments.
He may have been grumbling about his perception of pandemic restrictions in England or making criticisms of the recent history/policies of the current Conservative government.

yes that is true I will assume he wasn't being racist

Original post by Driving_Mad
No point asking on this website. Most people here will defend racist comments when someone they know makes one and try to justify it. I have first-hand experience of this.

To answer your question, it depends on the context of what was said, so it's impossible to make a valid judgement.

sorry you had to experience that

Lmfao whenever someone has said something along the same lines it's usually with racist intent so they had reason to question what it meant. And you also had no idea what the man meant so don't criticise the person for asking.
yh mate he defo meant it at you.
Lmfao whenever someone has said something along the same lines it's usually with racist intent so they had reason to question what it meant. And you also had no idea what the man meant so don't criticise the person for asking.

Did you not read the whole thread? OP said the person was looking straight ahead while saying it and seemed as if he said it to himself, OP just happened to be around at that time. That man COULD mean it in a racist way, but there is so many things happening he could criticize England for, we don’t know tf was going on in his brain. Easiest thing is to jump into conclusions but if y’all want to label it as racist and give him/her a hard time about it for no valid reason go ahead, I’m just giving an advice to the person who made the post. Same applies to everything in life.

OP, it’s best not to think about it. Continue smiling and do you, and try not to overthink such things, it’ll just ruin your day for no reason.

Latest

Trending

Trending