The Student Room Group

Excuses for meet ups

How do u like give excuses for not going out. My friends keep asking me to go places but i want to wait till results day cos like theyve finished first year (i took a gap year to resit), and i feel dumb af like if i go. After results day i womt have inferiority complex cos im in uni like them if it makes sense. I dont really want to explain all this to them.
Say that you're busy because of work or that you have family plans/matters (say that you don't really want to get into it, but its an ongoing thing). I would advise to tell them the eventual reason (your friends wouldn't judge you for it if they're your good friends, and might actually help with it), but i wouldn't like avoid them for a whole year or anything.
Reply 2
Tell the truth, you dont have to dig in deep about why you dont want to go but just say that you want to wait until after results day? Going with "im busy" or always seeming to have an excuse not to go out is rude, at a point they're going to start thinking that you just dont want to be around them. You're the one creating the inferiority complex in your mind. If your friends invited you out then they cant think they're too good or whatever else.
Why do you want to wait till results day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending