The Student Room Group

We've been on 2 dates but she hasn't given me her number

Met a girl on a dating app, we talked for 2 weeks and have met up twice now. She seems smart, sensible, has a good career, has no tattoos and does not abuse drugs or alcohol. She's keen on meeting up this weekend. I suggested we spend the night together but she came up with an excuse so i didn't push any further but she's keen on meeting up on Friday.

I asked her for her number once when we first matched and said she'd prefer to message on the app and i did not push it further.

I haven't asked her for it again but my spidey sense is tingling as its weird how we've been talking for almost a month. I don't want to waste time and fall for someone if i'm just gonna get heartbroken. Am i being strung along or should i push it and become more aggressive with her?

Am i being led on and should i just move on?
Original post by Anonymous
Met a girl on a dating app, we talked for 2 weeks and have met up twice now. She seems smart, sensible, has a good career, has no tattoos and does not abuse drugs or alcohol. She's keen on meeting up this weekend. I suggested we spend the night together but she came up with an excuse so i didn't push any further but she's keen on meeting up on Friday.

I asked her for her number once when we first matched and said she'd prefer to message on the app and i did not push it further.

I haven't asked her for it again but my spidey sense is tingling as its weird how we've been talking for almost a month. I don't want to waste time and fall for someone if i'm just gonna get heartbroken. Am i being strung along or should i push it and become more aggressive with her?

Maté it’s only just been 2 dates probably isn’t enough time to know all of you, and you think it’d be right of her to share her number out. Talking and just meeting up is two complete different things one can say that they are who they are but in person they ain’t.
The meeting up and being keen to do so again are far more important than someone maintaining their privacy for a bit. Not everyone dishes out their number like confetti.
She might just be content with texting you on the app. Communication worked this long without exchanging numbers. Ask for it again.

She trusts you enough to hang out in person, makes no sense why she wouldn't trust you enough to have her number.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
The meeting up and being keen to do so again are far more important than someone maintaining their privacy for a bit. Not everyone dishes out their number like confetti.

Hmm okay, this is the first time I've had this. Most other girls I've met up with have given me their number. I'm just worried that she is hiding something. I'm meeting up with her tomorrow so i will see how things go.

She doesn't sound like she's interested in anymore than being friends
Hmm okay, this is the first time I've had this. Most other girls I've met up with have given me their number. I'm just worried that she is hiding something. I'm meeting up with her tomorrow so i will see how things go.

in all fairness, if she is hiding something giving you her number wouldn't make you find out about it. if you like her then keep seeing her and see where it goes, don't push it for now as it might just be a boundary she has:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending