The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Tutor Scheme at Kingston University

One of the things that I enjoyed the most about my 3 years at Kingston University is how approachable everyone is and the support I received from all the lecturers and staff, but especially from my tutor.

Kingston University runs a Personal Tutor Scheme where every student is allocated a Personal Tutor. It is usually a member of staff who teaches you or someone linked to your subject of study.

You can contact your Personal Tutor at any time to get support with: preparing for assignments and assessments, managing your workload, identifying areas where you can improve and exploring ideas to help you find work​.

During my first year I used to meet my personal tutor and my group once every 2 weeks. However, I could contact him anytime I needed some support. Then during the second and third year we had one to one meetings. I really enjoyed the group discussions we used to have and sometimes he even helped us to revise.

One piece of advice? Attend those meetings! Tutors are usually extremely helpful and friendly, plus they will be the ones writing your reference letters if you decide to go for a master's, doctorate or for a job.

Andrea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending