The Student Room Group

BTS- kpop

Am i the only one that fell out with BTS , before i would look at their videos and smile at how innocent they are but now, after 5 yrs of being a fan, i cant possibly view them in that light anymore becasue of their colourist past ( maybe still going)

Is anyone else an ex-ARMY , reasons?

(P.S - i am aware that its not just them)
I think I'm an ex-army? I used to listen to them so much but then I kind of lost interest, I think only because most of their current songs aren't really my style anymore.
Reply 2
Original post by agnos987
I think I'm an ex-army? I used to listen to them so much but then I kind of lost interest, I think only because most of their current songs aren't really my style anymore.

Yh thats also one of my reasons. Now their songs are more westernized and not my type. Their old songs still hit ngl.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Am i the only one that fell out with BTS , before i would look at their videos and smile at how innocent they are but now, after 5 yrs of being a fan, i cant possibly view them in that light anymore becasue of their colourist past ( maybe still going)

I do think a lot of the army are delusional, some of them ship Taehyung and Jungkook as partners or ship themselves with BTS. It is unrealistic and just cringey. And BTS never date anyone but in reality they probably do have girlfriends, unless they are gay which means they have boyfriends or asexual. So a lot of the Army are in denial but it's the reality

Jennie from Blackpink dated G dragon and Kai and we all congratulated her but when BTS do the same, crazy fans hate on them. They don't own BTS .. like even their songs are just pop songs which are good.. but we don't know the real BTS.. we see part of their life on the run show or performance.

But we never see their real girlfriend or boyfriend.
Original post by BTS g
I do think a lot of the army are delusional, some of them ship Taehyung and Jungkook as partners or ship themselves with BTS. It is unrealistic and just cringey. And BTS never date anyone but in reality they probably do have girlfriends, unless they are gay which means they have boyfriends or asexual. So a lot of the Army are in denial but it's the reality

Jennie from Blackpink dated G dragon and Kai and we all congratulated her but when BTS do the same, crazy fans hate on them. They don't own BTS .. like even their songs are just pop songs which are good.. but we don't know the real BTS.. we see part of their life on the run show or performance.

But we never see their real girlfriend or boyfriend.

MY EXACT POINT, like its so cringe and embarrassing when they get shipped for standing next to each other??? Like pls , they dont want to accept reality. Their fans dont understand that they could have bad sides like any other person and wont hold them accountable for anything. Putting then on a pedestal and being treated like kings , they could be good people, but we only see what they show us. Of course they wont act bad or rude or anything in front of a camera, i wouldn't and i dont even have a career, imagine them.

https://youtu.be/L9Z1y1z4FYE

This video woke me up from the perfect image everyone created of them including myself
Oh good, can you stop starting threads about them now.
Original post by Other_Owl
Oh good, can you stop starting threads about them now.

This is my first and last thread, i just wanted to spread awareness of their true self and need to be held accountable.

Dw i aint plannig on making anymore
Reply 8
GIRLLLL- omg I can relate.

I still stan K-pop but people need to hold them accountable. Some of their behaviour isn't right. I am not a black but I realised K-pop are profiting off Black culture and music WHILE BEING COLOURIST and not featuring black artists. BTS for example use black style music but then BTS literally make colourist jokes and in the group of 7 members not one of them is black.

I'd rather stan Black artists - Lil Nas, Cardi b, Meghan thee stallion, lil wayne etc.. than K-pop who profit off black culture and then whitewash everyone in photos or real life. They don't even feature tanned skin or thicc body types, they literally follow such a Eurocentric, thin, white, light hair standard of beauty. It makes me sick.
Original post by coke02
GIRLLLL- omg I can relate.

I still stan K-pop but people need to hold them accountable. Some of their behaviour isn't right. I am not a black but I realised K-pop are profiting off Black culture and music WHILE BEING COLOURIST and not featuring black artists. BTS for example use black style music but then BTS literally make colourist jokes and in the group of 7 members not one of them is black.

I'd rather stan Black artists - Lil Nas, Cardi b, Meghan thee stallion, lil wayne etc.. than K-pop who profit off black culture and then whitewash everyone in photos or real life. They don't even feature tanned skin or thicc body types, they literally follow such a Eurocentric, thin, white, light hair standard of beauty. It makes me sick.

BISSHHH - i know right

Everything u said its basically what im sayingg. They had so many of thse cases of using black cultural style hair and even last year October, yoongi said smth on their episodes , idk what its called, but it was smth that he shouldn't have said but NO ONE paid attention to it , the members and the army's, no one. And for A LOT of the things they have said , they still haven't apologised for them but ofc as always no one cares if they are profiting of black culture, just pathetic.
Original post by Anonymous

well yh I'm still and ARMY and love them
But i do get u, I don't feel like they are the same as the fake love era.
I loved how they brought messages and showed innocence through their song but now lets say e.g Butter and Dynamite ( I'm not saying its not a bop cause its acc dope ) but the thing is that what is that even supposed to send out.

Quick Reply

Latest