The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston illustration animation

Has anyone studied BA illustration animation in Kingston? What is it like, also, how many classes and lectures do you have every week? Or studied BA illustration and visual media (ivm) in LCC? I cannot decide between my offer on Kingston and LCC... I quite like Kingston mainly because it seems more versatile, they have a larger set of facilities, especially the 3D branch. Also I kind of like their student work more, in general. When they are compared, most of the times, it gives the impression that Kingston is more supportive, and also that there is a problem with pupil having access to their tutors and facilities in LCC. But when I look at the data, (although I've seen someone mention that the data doesn't mean much because of their small sample...) it seems quite the opposite...? I mean of course individual courses would differ from the main trend of the college, but I haven't heard the best about ivm either... UAL's name, location and networking opportunities sounds better too so I'm really conflicted! Camberwell is another choice, since they have the facilities and the perks of UAL, I might be able to transfer there second year. But their satisfaction rate and other data seems lower! Ah, but I do understand that uni is what you make of it though...
The information on Kingston is really limited online, it'd be nice if someone could offer some insight! Thanks!
LCC ivm: https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10007162/LCCBAIVMF01/Full-time/
Kingston illustration animation: https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10003678/BAHUFILA1ILA01/Full-time/
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by dodooosodo
Has anyone studied BA illustration animation in Kingston? What is it like, also, how many classes and lectures do you have every week? Or studied BA illustration and visual media (ivm) in LCC? I cannot decide between my offer on Kingston and LCC... I quite like Kingston mainly because it seems more versatile, they have a larger set of facilities, especially the 3D branch. Also I kind of like their student work more, in general. When they are compared, most of the times, it gives the impression that Kingston is more supportive, and also that there is a problem with pupil having access to their tutors and facilities in LCC. But when I look at the data, (although I've seen someone mention that the data doesn't mean much because of their small sample...) it seems quite the opposite...? I mean of course individual courses would differ from the main trend of the college, but I haven't heard the best about ivm either... UAL's name, location and networking opportunities sounds better too so I'm really conflicted! Camberwell is another choice, since they have the facilities and the perks of UAL, I might be able to transfer there second year. But their satisfaction rate and other data seems lower! Ah, but I do understand that uni is what you make of it though...
The information on Kingston is really limited online, it'd be nice if someone could offer some insight! Thanks!
LCC ivm: https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10007162/LCCBAIVMF01/Full-time/
Kingston illustration animation: https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10003678/BAHUFILA1ILA01/Full-time/

Hi @dodooosodo

It's a really tough decision to choose which course is right for you. I would recommend having a chat directly with our students via Unibuddy. You can ask about both LCC and Camberwell.

Sian
UK Student Recruitment Team
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by University of the Arts London
Hi @dodooosodo

It's a really tough decision to choose which course is right for you. I would recommend having a chat directly with our students via Unibuddy. You can ask about both LCC and Camberwell.

Sian
UK Student Recruitment Team

Ah, I see! I'll go have a look. Thanks a lot ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending