The Student Room Group

how to not fail sociology no glue no borax

I’m doing AQA A-Level sociology I went from a b to a d, I can’t even go to school im literally dying. I need atleast a b so aiming for an A I hate mh life
Reply 1
Go on quizlet look up flashcard sets on ur topic. Look up sociology revision on youtube- Emily froude makes great summaries for Ed and crime. The sociology guy has some revision notes on the Internet too. I hope that things get better for you, you can do this. Good luck
Original post by itzawa5322
I’m doing AQA A-Level sociology I went from a b to a d, I can’t even go to school im literally dying. I need atleast a b so aiming for an A I hate mh life

@itzawa5322
Something that will help a lot is revising the key perspectives such as functionalism, Marxism, feminism, and a bit of interactionism. These lenses if you will, can be applied to all of the subject areas.

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Going over topics will only do so much you need to do past paper questions. You can google and find a load online. Get a teacher to mark it or read the mark scheme.

Sociology is an interesting subject and you can research real life examples to help certain concepts stick in your mind.

Pretend to teach the subjects when going over notes. You will have to refine paragraphs and this will help remembering.

Set a timer for 10 minutes same time, every evening, and tell yourself if you dont want to revise any longer then the timer you can stop. This makes revision consistent but not too much. You will usually find you want carry on after the timer anyways. Gets you out of a slump i guess.

The worst thing you can do now is not go to school. Take responsibilty and work hard these next few months and it will pay off when you get the grades you need. Good luck 🙂

What do you do in terms of revision?

Quick Reply

Latest