The Student Room Group

PCSO Assessment Day 1, how did you find it? (Met)

Hey folks, hope everyone is doing well. I've got my day 1 assessment as PCSO (Met) in 2 weeks which consists of interview, roleplay and written. I've passed my day 1 as PC in the past but I was provided with alot of preparation on what to expect on the day heck their was even a workshop. However with the pcso role they haven't really given me much info on day 1 not sure if it's similar to PC's day 1. If anyone has gone through their day 1, what was your experiences like and any information would be great! :smile:
Original post by Fate4u
Hey folks, hope everyone is doing well. I've got my day 1 assessment as PCSO (Met) in 2 weeks which consists of interview, roleplay and written. I've passed my day 1 as PC in the past but I was provided with alot of preparation on what to expect on the day heck their was even a workshop. However with the pcso role they haven't really given me much info on day 1 not sure if it's similar to PC's day 1. If anyone has gone through their day 1, what was your experiences like and any information would be great! :smile:

Don't stress yourself. It not that hard. On the day, you'll do two activities. Interview and role play. Role play can be any scenario so you will need to listen and read the task properly. On the role play, they will give you a paper that consists of a scenario to read for 10 or 15 minutes there will be a timer for this. During your 15 minutes, you need to prepare how you will deal with the situation on the task you've been reading. Immediately your 15 minutes is over, the actor is going to walking in 🚶*♀️ and started acting and you will need to deal with that situation as in real life. The scenario could be underage drinking or parking ticket complain. So just read the task and importantly, listen to what the actor is saying and respond accordingly.

The interview part is strength base. Is could be anything just listen to the questions properly. All the questions will all been written in small cards for you to read and also the Interviewer will read it to you aswell. Give all your answers with an example. I did my pcso interview in July 2022 and I passed.
Reply 2
Thank very much! very helpful info, got mine in few days! *fingers crossed*
Original post by Fate4u
Thank very much! very helpful info, got mine in few days! *fingers crossed*

Hello, how did your interview go?
Original post by Hajiwese
Hello, how did your interview go?

Hey, did you pass your interview? Got mines coming and a bit nervous.
Hi. I have my PCSO assignment day soon. Can some one help me to prepare for this?
Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Oksancik1978
Hi. I have my PCSO assignment day soon. Can some one help me to prepare for this?
Thanks

Hi, How did it go?
Reply 7
Hi everyone I was wondering what is the written part of the assessment, my writing is really bad and I'm quite worried about this part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending