The Student Room Group

Changing courses at Uni

So I have just received an offer from the university I chose to do business management. My question is, that is it possible that I can change this course when Uni starts if I do not like it because at college I studied Sports but I chose business as it was a course that didn’t require much. I’m just wondering is there any other courses that do not require much that I can resort to if I do not like business, for example does Law require a lot?

Thankyou
It depends on the course and university, but changing is not recommended unless it’s in the first few weeks of the first semester, otherwise you will fall behind on coursework quickly, it’s something that if you want needs to be completed ASAP. Alongside a transfer can take a week to complete I.e see all the new modules so be aware of this also.

You would need to speak to your head of year and course leader to discuss this alongside have reasons for transferring.
It is relatively easy to change a course before starting university. If that is not, you can contact and try to arrange something with the universities separately. Don't be bullied. Don't be bullied. Recall that universities want students and this is how they make their money, frankly.
Original post by eyeoftiger999
So I have just received an offer from the university I chose to do business management. My question is, that is it possible that I can change this course when Uni starts if I do not like it because at college I studied Sports but I chose business as it was a course that didn’t require much. I’m just wondering is there any other courses that do not require much that I can resort to if I do not like business, for example does Law require a lot?

Thankyou

Hello,

I am a second year student from the RAU studying International Business Management. I would recommend changing as soon as you can after the course begins, because the longer you leave it, the more likely you are to fall behind. Depending on what university you are at, it might be possible to change courses at a later stage.

Hope this is helpful.

Lauren :smile:
Royal Agricultural University Rep

Thankyou

Hi there!

It's really common for people to change their minds about which course they want to study! It's definitely worth contacting the University you applied to in order to see what their protocol is for switching courses. So for example, you might need to get in touch with admissions, or you might just need to let your tutor know and they will talk to the tutor of the course you want to switch to! :smile:

All the best,
Jess
MA Illustration Student | Student Ambassador
Original post by ArtsUniPlymouth
Hi there!

It's really common for people to change their minds about which course they want to study! It's definitely worth contacting the University you applied to in order to see what their protocol is for switching courses. So for example, you might need to get in touch with admissions, or you might just need to let your tutor know and they will talk to the tutor of the course you want to switch to! :smile:

All the best,
Jess
MA Illustration Student | Student Ambassador

The thing is I’m a business management student in second year living at home and I want to change to sport and exericse science and live at an accom in another university. Is this possible please help
The thing is I’m a business management student in second year living at home and I want to change to sport and exericse science and live at an accom in another university. Is this possible please help

Hi there @eyeoftiger999 I hope you're doing okay! A few students choose to transfer either course or their University/Institution that they study at for a variety of reasons - there is hope!:flower2:

I would advise to contact a University you are interested in moving TO and provide the transcripts (any modules,exams, credits you have already achieved) FROM your current course and University to their Admissions Team.:call:

Each University may differ slightly on their process for reviewing if a Transfer would be possible (as the two courses you have mentioned are quite different) but the best first point of call is to look into which Universities offer Sport and Exercise Science (or a similar course) at degree level and to contact these Universities' Admissions' departments to confirm how to request a transfer to them.

Here's a (not exhaustive) list of what you may need to include:
Subject: Transfer Request /Advanced Entry
Email:
1- Which University you attend and the Course that you currently are studying
2- Which Course that you are interested in Transferring to that the University you are contacting offers currently (best to view their course pages online!)
3- Why you wish to Transfer to that University and course and also when you would like to ideally begin your studies with that new University
4- Academic Transcripts of your studies that you have completed already at your current Uni, and this should list any credits, modules, and assessments you have completed and achieved already from your First and Second year(s)

The Admissions team of that University may need to refer your transcripts to the Faculty responsible for the new course you wish to join, depending on their entry criteria, and if that course or university accepts transfers/ you are eligible to transfer. :smartass:

If you are unsure, or would like to confirm a University's process for Transfers, then giving the Uni a call via their Admissions or Enquiry contact numbers first can be helpful and put you at ease of what you need to do:biggrin:

Spoiler

I hope this helps!
Best wishes,

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 7
I think it should be faculty to faculty but differ by uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending