The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

warwick course transfer

I emailed UG admissions on 28th november and submitted an enquiry form about on the 14th november about switching the course i have applied to, and have still not heard back
should I still wait? I have tried calling the number but it instantly hangs up so I don't know what to do there

Getting annoying now
Firstly, barely more than a week since emailing and less than a month since submitting an automated form enquiry is really not unrealistic. The form maybe is getting on a bit although those things are never exactly reliable to start with. Basically no chance you're going to get an email response within just a week. If you don't hear back within a month by email then maybe be a little concerned.

Anyway, managing your expectations about university administration response times aside, do you actually hold an offer from them already? If so then you don't really have too much to worry about as it's not like it will go away. If not then you would have needed to contact UCAS within 2 weeks of submitting an application to change it, not the uni.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Firstly, barely more than a week since emailing and less than a month since submitting an automated form enquiry is really not unrealistic. The form maybe is getting on a bit although those things are never exactly reliable to start with. Basically no chance you're going to get an email response within just a week. If you don't hear back within a month by email then maybe be a little concerned.

Anyway, managing your expectations about university administration response times aside, do you actually hold an offer from them already? If so then you don't really have too much to worry about as it's not like it will go away. If not then you would have needed to contact UCAS within 2 weeks of submitting an application to change it, not the uni.

don't have an offer and I decided after the 2 week period to change it
Original post by Anonymous
don't have an offer and I decided after the 2 week period to change it

Ok well then you've contacted the wrong people, you need to contact UCAS within the two week period.

If you're outside of the two week period then you can't change it normally and I suspect the uni may not be that fussed about supporting this unless they were going to give you an offer anyway. Normally if you've applied somewhere after the 2 week period and then want to change, it will be after you have an offer.

Otherwise you're just a totally random student they haven't even decided they want making demands of them!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 4
Ok well then you've contacted the wrong people, you need to contact UCAS within the two week period.

If you're outside of the two week period then you can't change it normally and I suspect the uni may not be that fussed about supporting this unless they were going to give you an offer anyway. Normally if you've applied somewhere after the 2 week period and then want to change, it will be after you have an offer.

Otherwise you're just a totally random student they haven't even decided they want making demands of them!

ok thanks that makes more sense, just had other advice that said it would be easier to request this before i get an offer

do you think its possible after I get an offer, then?
ok thanks that makes more sense, just had other advice that said it would be easier to request this before i get an offer

do you think its possible after I get an offer, then?

I mean it's ultimately up to the uni in any event. Depends if they are still considering applications for the other course and probably also how competitive it is. Also which course you're trying to swap from potentially, as if it's a totally unrelated course they may want a new personal statement (or they may just feel you'd need to reapply in a gap year).

Which course did you apply to and which course are you hoping to be considered for?
Reply 6
I mean it's ultimately up to the uni in any event. Depends if they are still considering applications for the other course and probably also how competitive it is. Also which course you're trying to swap from potentially, as if it's a totally unrelated course they may want a new personal statement (or they may just feel you'd need to reapply in a gap year).

Which course did you apply to and which course are you hoping to be considered for?

Applied for Economics, want to switch to MORSE
Think my PS falls under both, and I have the grades etc
Just to correct the above, you can’t use UCAS within 14 days to swap a choice at the same uni. It has to be the uni themselves that do it.

(This is unless things have changed in hub but certainly the guidance on UCAS’s site still says this).

I always advise to wait at least 10 working days before chasing up on any email. After that, calling is best if you can find a number that works, (multiple emails will not speed things up).
Original post by Admit-One
Just to correct the above, you can’t use UCAS within 14 days to swap a choice at the same uni. It has to be the uni themselves that do it.

(This is unless things have changed in hub but certainly the guidance on UCAS’s site still says this).

I always advise to wait at least 10 working days before chasing up on any email. After that, calling is best if you can find a number that works, (multiple emails will not speed things up).

Ah ok, thank you for the correction! I didn't know that :smile:

Applied for Economics, want to switch to MORSE
Think my PS falls under both, and I have the grades etc

Well it's totally up to the uni in any event. The key point is that you're changing to a different department (MORSE comes under maths/stats for admin purposes I believe) and so it's ultimately up to the receiving department to decide if they want to entertain the change or not. Also of note, MORSE is happy to accept maths PSes, but that's because the course is primarily mathematical. I'm not sure an economics PS would be wholly suitable, although that's up to them to decide.
Ah ok, thank you for the correction! I didn't know that :smile:

No worries. It’s an odd restriction in any case. After all, there’s nothing to stop you swapping a non-Warwick choice to the desired course, then the original Warwick course back to the one you just used! (Aside from using up two swaps).

But always better to sort it out with the uni, as they’ll be able to tell you if you’re not suitable for any reason.

Quick Reply

Latest