The Student Room Group

Driving cancellation services

i have just bought a cancellation service app, i didn't know you had to have a test already and they would rearrange it, i though they would a cancellation test and book it for you. I have found tests in a week time in a random centre and they say if you can book it anywhere and place it on hold then its ok

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Antimatter158
i have just bought a cancellation service app, i didn't know you had to have a test already and they would rearrange it, i though they would a cancellation test and book it for you. I have found tests in a week time in a random centre and they say if you can book it anywhere and place it on hold then its ok

plus my theory expiring in 3 months

I booked (and passed) my test in July and let me tell you right now, do not use those services. They didn't change my booking once and I had them for a month and a half. It doesn't work because too many people are in the same situation as you. I got mine done early because I spent about 45 minutes one night just refreshing and refreshing until I found a suitable date- you have to be very quick though, it took me about 10 tries! There are usually many cancellation 3/4 days before any given exam date as people realize they're not ready and cancel it.

However, if you wanna try your luck with the app, then I would suggest booking it at a driving centre you don't mind going to in case it doesn't book you a better date, however, the system "works" as long as you have a booking so it's up to you.
Original post by dan140804
I booked (and passed) my test in July and let me tell you right now, do not use those services. They didn't change my booking once and I had them for a month and a half. It doesn't work because too many people are in the same situation as you. I got mine done early because I spent about 45 minutes one night just refreshing and refreshing until I found a suitable date- you have to be very quick though, it took me about 10 tries! There are usually many cancellation 3/4 days before any given exam date as people realize they're not ready and cancel it.

However, if you wanna try your luck with the app, then I would suggest booking it at a driving centre you don't mind going to in case it doesn't book you a better date, however, the system "works" as long as you have a booking so it's up to you.

yes it works if you have a test booked already, you can have it booked anywhere but if you place that test on hold then they change it, i can't find a test anywhere to be honest, man i'm just so stressed my theory is about to expire even though i'm ready to drive. The app is £18 and is the best selling so idk to be honest at this point.
yes it works if you have a test booked already, you can have it booked anywhere but if you place that test on hold then they change it, i can't find a test anywhere to be honest, man i'm just so stressed my theory is about to expire even though i'm ready to drive. The app is £18 and is the best selling so idk to be honest at this point.

You can test your luck with the app but from my experience i got nothing for a month and a half. If you search for long enough, you can definitely find a test before November, which is when I’m assuming your theory expires.

The fact it’s the best selling is why it doesn’t work. Thousands of people trying to get a very limited amount of cancellations.
(edited 2 years ago)
You can test your luck with the app but from my experience i got nothing for a month and a half. If you search for long enough, you can definitely find a test before November, which is when I’m assuming your theory expires.

The fact it’s the best selling is why it doesn’t work. Thousands of people trying to get a very limited amount of cancellations.

your right, but I work 2 jobs so its almost impossible for me to keep checking, bruh I feel **** the if my theory expires i wont be able to find a date for the resit as well. what app you used , my instructor recommended it but i hear alot of people search them selves what time did you check to find the test .
your right, but I work 2 jobs so its almost impossible for me to keep checking, bruh I feel **** the if my theory expires i wont be able to find a date for the resit as well. what app you used , my instructor recommended it but i hear alot of people search them selves what time did you check to find the test .

I used "driving test now". It wasn't very good so I used another I forgot the name of and ended up getting a refund from both as they were useless.

I found mine searching from around 10pm but you have to be very quick. I missed about 10 similar dates. I also want to bring to your attention, from my experience, most of the dates that became available were within 3-5 days.
I used "driving test now". It wasn't very good so I used another I forgot the name of and ended up getting a refund from both as they were useless.

I found mine searching from around 10pm but you have to be very quick. I missed about 10 similar dates. I also want to bring to your attention, from my experience, most of the dates that became available were within 3-5 days.

yes i'm using the same app as you , it doesn't matter for me the date available as my perfectly ready to drive , do you think i should get a refund for the app and look my self at 10 pm- 11.40 pm and 6 am -9 am?
yes i'm using the same app as you , it doesn't matter for me the date available as my perfectly ready to drive , do you think i should get a refund for the app and look my self at 10 pm- 11.40 pm and 6 am -9 am?

From my experience, yes but it’s entirely up to you.
Reply 9
I’ve used both Testi and Driving test now. Testi was more consistent with uploading cancellations or just test dates in general. After failing my first test, I downloaded and paid for driving test now to automatically change my test date for me and nothing came up then with Testi I managed to find a test date for the bank holiday and book that.

I’d recommend Testi, it’s £9.99 I believe and they send notifications for cancellations.

Edit; I should note that I failed my test on August 10th and found a cancellation for August 31st the same week through Testi.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Noir11
I’ve used both Testi and Driving test now. Testi was more consistent with uploading cancellations or just test dates in general. After failing my first test, I downloaded and paid for driving test now to automatically change my test date for me and nothing came up then with Testi I managed to find a test date for the bank holiday and book that.

I’d recommend Testi, it’s £9.99 I believe and they send notifications for cancellations.

Edit; I should note that I failed my test on August 10th and found a cancellation for August 31st the same week through Testi.

oh ok, but where did you have a test booked for them to change it for you, should i get a refund for the app?
Reply 11
oh ok, but where did you have a test booked for them to change it for you, should i get a refund for the app?

I booked the first date I found on the DVSA website then found a cancellation on Testi.

I use Driving Test Genie, it seems to work very well and I did accept a test from it (though unfortunately failed). It's also hosted on their servers and not on your device, meaning it'll be more reliable.
Original post by mypwnsupport
I use Driving Test Genie, it seems to work very well and I did accept a test from it (though unfortunately failed). It's also hosted on their servers and not on your device, meaning it'll be more reliable.

so when is your next test
so when is your next test

I've not had any suitable offers from it since that last test.
Do not use those apps, you’re best off constantly refreshing the page! Those apps are actually blocked from booking tests 90% of the time- you’re just seeing reviews of people who got it in the 10%. I got mine perfect timing without the app, just patience.
Original post by Maya.kg16
Do not use those apps, you’re best off constantly refreshing the page! Those apps are actually blocked from booking tests 90% of the time- you’re just seeing reviews of people who got it in the 10%. I got mine perfect timing without the app, just patience.

what are the times you must check
what are the times you must check

The best ones are 8am (or when it opens but I think it’s 8) or about 6 ish. The best way to do it is just to have a device near you and just refresh the page every few minutes in the few weeks before you want your test to be. Make sure you’ve atleast got a test booked so you won’t have to pay again and won’t risk losing it as they will slip from your fingertips if you do that.

makes sense, after all you have to use gov.uk so I highly doubt they will let third party apps gain access for some profit
The best ones are 8am (or when it opens but I think it’s 8) or about 6 ish. The best way to do it is just to have a device near you and just refresh the page every few minutes in the few weeks before you want your test to be. Make sure you’ve atleast got a test booked so you won’t have to pay again and won’t risk losing it as they will slip from your fingertips if you do that.

can i have the test booked anywhere and then place it on hold?

I'm really fast with the keyboard its highly unlikely i will lose it.

Latest

Trending

Trending