The Student Room Group

Failed driving test

I failed my first driving test earlier. I had no minors and no serious or dangerous faults until I turned right back into the test centre and a car was coming so I got a serious fault for judgement - crossing. I want to do my next test asap. Anyone who failed - how long after failing did you sit your next test? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by haz1103
I failed my first driving test earlier. I had no minors and no serious or dangerous faults until I turned right back into the test centre and a car was coming so I got a serious fault for judgement - crossing. I want to do my next test asap. Anyone who failed - how long after failing did you sit your next test? Thanks!

Hey, I’ve yet to take my test but I have lots of friends who have failed on their first go and then retaken and passed a few weeks later. Based on what you’ve described, if you feel confident the rest of your driving is fine and you won’t make the same mistake you could definitely take it again soon.
(edited 10 months ago)
I failed January 2022 about 5 mins into the actual test. Got home that day and booked a new test for June 2022, but found a cancellation a few weeks later for March 2022. Passed with 8 minors (I think).

I would’ve sat it sooner but the backlog really didn’t help. I’m not sure what it’s like now though. I did use the Testi app, however I found my cancellation on the DVLA website one day.

Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by ReviseSleeping
I failed January 2022 about 5 mins into the actual test. Got home that day and booked a new test for June 2022, but found a cancellation a few weeks later for March 2022. Passed with 8 minors (I think).

I would’ve sat it sooner but the backlog really didn’t help. I’m not sure what it’s like now though. I did use the Testi app, however I found my cancellation on the DVLA website one day.

Best of luck! :smile:

8 minors, what were they all for?
Reply 4
Failed my first text with 3 minors 1 major. Passed second time 2 months after the first with 3 minors.
Original post by AvfcWalpole7
8 minors, what were they all for?

Move off Control, 3
Control Steering, 1
Following distance, 1
Junctions Observation, 1
Use of mirrors Change speed, 1
Vehicle checks, 1
Original post by Hlsy382
I have lots of friends who have failed on their first go and then retaken and passed a few weeks (sometimes days) later.

I find that hard to believe as you need to wait 10 days after a fail to sit a new test assuming you can even book one that fast (which often takes weeks/months)
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
I find that hard to believe as you need to wait 10 days after a fail to sit a new test assuming you can even book one that fast (which often takes weeks/months)

Thanks for pointing that out I think I confused myself- they found a cancellation within days of failing but it must have been for after 10 days. :smile:
it sounds like you have a decent standard of driving. I failed my first test with 2 minors and 1 serious and I wanted a quick test so I booked my test for a different test centre which has the earliest date that I could do a test I just went to the place the day before to get a general idea of the area that I would be driving and then i passed the next day. So maybe wait the period that you have to after failing and look for a test centre with the earliest day possible and try and take that one
Original post by haz1103
Well you should try and book one soon as I know the law on it is changing. It will be 30 days instead of 10 days.

I passed first time with 1 minor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending