The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Since the 2008 applicants and freshers week threads are dead and gone, I'm creating this simply for general discussion between University of Glasgow students - whatever year you're in. Prospective students, please ask questions about the university elsewhere in the sub-forum - the crowd I'm hoping to attract will be far too idle to bother with that.

So - please blether away to your heart's content my fellow Weegies.

Scroll to see replies

So how has everone been finding their course so far?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
About as bad as everyone said it would be. Joys.
Reply 3
Ah the little freshers. Slowly but surely learning the etiquette of the uni. And I hear you have exams coming up soon, bless. It's so good to be a third year and not have exams before Christmas. :p:
Reply 4
TheOneWho
Ah the little freshers. Slowly but surely learning the etiquette of the uni. And I hear you have exams coming up soon, bless. It's so good to be a third year and not have exams before Christmas. :p:

I don't have exams either, woo!
I'm in 2nd year and have mixed feelings about exams pre-xmas.
On the plus side, it means I can arse around and have no work to do over the festive period, but then again, it also means I've got to really knuckle down and work twice as hard over the next 6 weeks or so.
Reply 6
FyreFight
Pretty good, in fairness. We're having a flat party at the moment, it's brilliant. I haven't seen you Foxo since that first lecture. For shame.

Aye, the new politics guy is too boring to bother with. Yay for moodle lecture notes.
Reply 7
3rd year politics student,bored out my tits most of the time,i love free time as much as the next guy,but being in 8 hours a week,with no essays or exams before christmas and finding reading as unneccesary as the previous two years is a bit silly,luckily still managing to get drunk at least once,and usually twice, a week
Reply 8
Physics isn't too bad.
Maths is hell.
CS is fairly boring.

Cheesy Pop is awesome. I've spent a few nights there in the DJ booth now. :smile:
Reply 9
Korin
Physics isn't too bad.
Maths is hell.
CS is fairly boring.

Cheesy Pop is awesome. I've spent a few nights there in the DJ booth now. :smile:

Maths is really boring. And the constant tests really start to get tedious.
I think I saw Looosey in Tesco's this morning. How fun.
Reply 11
Caron
I've found Politics horrendously dull so far, I'm hoping the political philosophy section will be a bit better but so far I cannae really be arsed. :/

Same here. Well, not Barry O'Toole's lectures, but I couldn't stay awake for the one lecture I went to by the American guy.

Anyway, hello - I don't think I've noticed you in this sub-forum before. :smile:
Reply 12
Caron
O'Toole was classic, though I think they just use him to lure in the first years as I remember being quite entertained but not actually learning owt.

Yeah, I doubt anyone who's been in the UK for over an hour actually learned anything, but it was good fun.
I didn't think that our good friend Mr Ljundberg was all that boring in lectures. I've certainly been to more boring ones.

The next set should be interesting, though, purely because of the topic being discussed. When I start it, I'm probably going to write my politics essay based on these.
Reply 14
I take it all back, I love this new topic. :smile:
I was an idiot and didn't bother to go to any of the politics lectures last week, despite doing my essay on that very subject.
Reply 16
FyreFight
I was an idiot and didn't bother to go to any of the politics lectures last week, despite doing my essay on that very subject.

I only went to one. :rolleyes:

My sleeping pattern is completely erratic.
Course=>not as specifically aero-related as I would've liked, but take it as it comes
uni=>amazing place, love the thought of all the past academics coming through and making their mark on the place, especially in the engineering dept like Watt and Kelvin :biggrin: (yes, it appears I have no life :frown:)
Living in my own flat=>not so good, the result of which is that I have no friends outside of my course :frown:
Missing FW due to illness=>worst week of my life.
Captain Biggles

Living in my own flat=>not so good, the result of which is that I have no friends outside of my course :frown:

Have you joined any societies or sports groups? That's always a good way to meet people. I'm in third year and I'm still making new friends. Little groups come together and merge and then they merge with other groups.
Where do you live Captain B?

Quick Reply