The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art or University of Arts, London

Hello,
I applied for my postgraduate degree in communication design in both Glasgow School of Art and UAL, Unfortunately I got rejected from GCD, CSM course in UAL.
I got accepted in Glasgow School of Art, I wanted to ask, if I should go to Glasgow School of Art or apply to other relevant UAL courses or apply again for the next year?

Please help me
Glasgow School of art is a well-respected university so I would go there. They have been busy rebuilding after the fire so the facilities will be amazing.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for the reply!! Can I ask are you a design major as well?
Actually the facilities weren't amazing when I visited last year in fact there is no place to make a cuppa or buy one and students were eating their lunch on the stairwell and its not in the nicest part of Glasgow! It rests on its reputation and i heard student satisfaction is low. I suggest you visit.
Original post by Treacle1
Actually the facilities weren't amazing when I visited last year in fact there is no place to make a cuppa or buy one and students were eating their lunch on the stairwell and its not in the nicest part of Glasgow! It rests on its reputation and i heard student satisfaction is low. I suggest you visit.

I know this thread is old but if anyone is still here to find out information, the Reid Building there is fantastic - huge variety of facilities, good cafe and seating too so don’t be put off by that. And as OP mentioned they are rebuilding the Mackintosh building so slowly it’ll be nicer and nicer with all the new facilities

Quick Reply

Latest