Scroll to see replies

murano street snow ball fight. yes.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I love :snow:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I love :snow:

Snow is good for nothing once you've left school though... Its only purpose was to give us days off. But it is pretty. Swings and roundabouts.

Although I'm at home atm and getting back on the buses is going to be a treat on Monday morning :s-smilie:
Original post by Spider Pig
Snow is good for nothing once you've left school though... Its only purpose was to give us days off. But it is pretty. Swings and roundabouts.

Although I'm at home atm and getting back on the buses is going to be a treat on Monday morning :s-smilie:

It makes me happy, it serves purposes for snowball fights, and makes ice skating on george square even more awesome =D
Original post by greeneyedgirl
It makes me happy, it serves purposes for snowball fights, and makes ice skating on george square even more awesome =D

Fair play =P I can't ice skate though... Proper 'Bambi standing up for the first time' fail. I need to get down to George Square though and see all the pretty lights. I'm missing all the snowball fights this weekend D:
Fair play =P I can't ice skate though... Proper 'Bambi standing up for the first time' fail. I need to get down to George Square though and see all the pretty lights. I'm missing all the snowball fights this weekend D:

Ha ha I can ice skate quite well (and very quickly!), the lights are gorgeous and tacky :P
Original post by PerigeeApogee
I wouldn't mind snow if it didn't turn Britain into a logistical nightmare.

If only we were more like Sweden.

Scotland's better than England though, I mean they wet themselves if they have a couple of inches of snow. Scotland's made of tougher stuff xD

I just realised that I'm English and saying this. Patriotic fail?
I like snow, but then again I don't have a car to get stuck in it and I'm within walking distance of uni. I do get to a point where it becomes a nuisance though, like back in January when it literally snowed heavily for days on end back home and I missed the first week of uni after Christmas.
Scotland's better than England though, I mean they wet themselves if they have a couple of inches of snow. Scotland's made of tougher stuff xD

I just realised that I'm English and saying this. Patriotic fail?

I agree, at least for southeners. Northern Englanders are just as hardy as the Scots with snow, but south of Leeds and it only takes a few flakes to send them into chaos.
Annoyingly all my money'll probably go on buses while the snow's around, no way in hell am I walking the 3 miles from bloody Wolfson Hall in the snow. Would be a good time to invest in a bus pass I 'spose.
I hate snow! This isn't even "snow" now, it's all frozen solid. I've also discovered that my favourite boots are not very good in the snow. :frown: Slippery!

I dread to think what our heating bill will be like!
Original post by Student2806
I agree, at least for southeners. Northern Englanders are just as hardy as the Scots with snow, but south of Leeds and it only takes a few flakes to send them into chaos.

Ahem, I'm a southern English person (From Cambridge) but I deal very well with the snow...perhaps it's the 1/32nd of me that is Scottish that deals with body temperature regulation...
Original post by Meltdown30
I hate snow! This isn't even "snow" now, it's all frozen solid. I've also discovered that my favourite boots are not very good in the snow. :frown: Slippery!

There's more - a lot more apparently - on the way overnight and through tomorrow.
I can't be bothered going to the library when it's this snowwy :frown:...oh wait :biggrin::biggrin:
I work in a sports shop and walk to work. The soles of the trainers I have to wear are nearly worn through too. Tomorrow is going to be fun, at least I'm in early so nobody should see me make a **** of myself in the way in....

Snow is going to be fun for this commute to Uni too; and did we not run out of grit last year?

:mute:
I have a standing ticket for pendulum for sale.

braehead arena - 01/12 - Face value.

Get in touch if you're interested :yy:
I hate the snow, looks like I'm going to be stuck in Airdrie at least overnight :frown: I have a lecture I actually want to go to on Monday as well.

Last year they ran out of grit here, which sucked because I live in an estate where you're down at the bottom of a hill so we were stuck. This is the kind of thing I moved out to avoid but sod's law it happens when I'm at home :p:
The next few days are going to be interesting travel wise :holmes: Apparently this is going to continue on and off for the next 24 hours.
I just saw a double decker bus nearly slide off the road :o:
(edited 13 years ago)
I have a funny feeling my scheduled arrival from Aberdeen at 11.40am isn't going to happen tomorrow. Bye bye Politics tutorial...
Reply 1999
I love the snow so much! So long as I can get home on Thursday afternoon and back to Glasgow on Tuesday, then I'm happy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending